2 Stroke Recomendation

jamesukm

Hi there, i starting riding trials bikes (gas gas txt pro 250 05 model) a couple of months ago and when i bought it i was given a measuring jug for the 2 stroke and a bottle of 2 stroke in with the deal. the guy in the shop marked out 75ml on the jug and told me that is what i should use in 5 litres of petrol. i have recently run out of 2 stroke so i bought a bottle of Motul 710 (as recomended on the gas gas shop website) and on the bottle it says i should mix it as 100ml to 5 litres, can anyone give me any advice on the right amount that i should use?

thanks

Hi James,

75ml or 100ml or anywhere inbetween really? It's a matter of preference. Have a look at this to help you decide - Clicky Here

If you're still unsure after that then the 'Too much is better than not enough' approach works for some folks (Usually the ones you can't see for clouds of smoke) !

GJ :rotfl:

P.S. I run fully synthetic at 80ml to 5 litres

The gas gas pro engine runs the main bearing in gearbox oil, so the two stroke oil is only oiling the big end and small end and piston....

I've all ways use 50ml of castrol TTS to five liter of petrol and have never had any problems.

This was on a 225cc gas gas pro which liked to rev hard.

Not wanting to be different ..but.. I have always run TXT 200 and KTM 300 Enduro on Putoline MX5 at 40 : 1 .. with no problems whatever. Thats why I've used it for many years.

Still need to lube 'ignition side' main bearing.

Don't notice much smoke either.

Appears to burn cleanly without deposits or gumming