Ossa In Us

brianmartinson

what's involved with certification and who does it?

cheers

Ill try to explain it as I know it but should probably just let Laser explain.

It's a way to attempt to balance import vs export and eliminate the U.S trade deficit. Exporters sell certificates to importers in an amount equal to how much of fair market value product the wish to sell.

I was talking about the EPA and DOT certification. I was told that the EPA cert was $10K + a bike to test, and a mountain of paperwork. . Not sure about the other paperwork that Motofire was referring to - God forbid the bike has any lead in it! .... In any case, I believe the US importer is the responsible party to make sure this happen - so it may be awhile (ever?) before we see a bike in the US. (Isn't that why there aren't any Xispa bikes in the US??)

I was talking about the EPA and DOT certification. I was told that the EPA cert was $10K + a bike to test, and a mountain of paperwork. . Not sure about the other paperwork that Motofire was referring to - God forbid the bike has any lead in it! .... In any case, I believe the US importer is the responsible party to make sure this happen - so it may be awhile (ever?) before we see a bike in the US. (Isn't that why there aren't any Xispa bikes in the US??)

The lead is only a problem if the bike is manufactured directly to children...........they don't care if us adults chew on the frame and get lead poisoning. :mellow: Stupid overboard use of the law. Really how many kids are gonna chew on the frame or remove the protective covers on the ones with batteries and take a lick. :P