Searching For Power, What Mods?

theshercorider

Rightio folks,

Getting a bigger lad then before now :mellow: an I like the idea of more power on tap as I'm sure everyone does. I'm 17 in October but I never really liked how bigger bikes rode, I prefer the characteristics of the rev box 125s and I haven't used my new bike enough to warrant getting another then. So what can I do, or what parts can I get to increase the power or just generally improve the bike? The following are some that I have thought about...

-Carb change, Doesn't really appeal to me cause of the set up/reliability issues, and my dealer shooed me away from the idea.

-Ti front pipe with insert? They are costly? Would it make a good enough noticeable difference and what is that difference?

-High comp heads? In the past i noticed a few of these about but now don't hear of them much. I know s3 have brought one out but i dont think they are suitable for 125s

-I'm all out of ideas now :P

My bike is a 2010 125, all standard apart from splatpegs and an ohlins shocker. Any advice I would greatly appreciate.

Duncan

You need a big bore kit if they do one,150cc or 160cc upgrade would be nice,although i would'nt of thought they do one,but it don't mean it's not possible.

I thought the idea of restricting you young one's to 125's was to keep you little chaps down,anyway if you find a way round keep it to yourself. :mellow:

Edited by bilc0

cant offer any practical help but felt like a rant (sorry) It just occurs to me how ludicrous it is to keep 16/17 year olds on 125 cc motors when it is safe to say that most riders can't use the power they have (specially me) another head up a** ruling based on bull*hit. I suppose I will be corrected but fortunatly we are still entitled to have opinions. Billco's idea may be way foreward (no substitute for CC) if there's enough meat in the barrel and you can find a piston.

I fully polished and ported my engine, easy and free to do :mellow:

V-force reeds

Ti pipe with insert

Keihin pwk28 carb

High compression head (came from a mate in canada) Look out for them second hand.

Iridium spark plug

High octane fuel will be require with all this...

Pipe and carb made such a difference, and are reliable on the sherco!

I put the titanium pipe with insert on my son's 08 125 and it worked well.

I then tried it with his 2010 and it didn't like it as much. After that I tried a older stock 125 pipe (off his 08) and the bike ran much better than with ethier the stock 2010 pipe or the titanuim.

I would like high copression head if I could get one.

I've also used the 200 sherco kit. Makes for a really nice bike!

I may be wrong but from memory the 200 only differs in bore size, the piston, barrel & head are all that are different between the 2 bikes
Yes that's right.

The 200 was a fantastic Trials engine...don't know why Sherco discontinued it in 06. Parts were around until 08 but as far as I know none after that....But if you can get one as a kit grab it!!

There is no way you can have a Sherco barrel bored out without spending a fortune.

An OKO 24mm carb is a cheap mod... and on a $ ratio will out perform all but the high compression head. They are not hard to set up and very reliable on the 125's

I go for that and wait around for a high compression head. That would be the best dollar-per-bang I can think of.

But before you do all this please stop and consider what Trials is all really about. I ride a 250 and we have a 125 too (both 06's) and believe me the traction and control you have on a 125 is second to none.

Best of balance.

Neo

the ti pipe won't make lots of difference and on a rock split very easily and it can be 170 quid wasted in a heart beat, the kehin will give the bike alot more top end and is only really neccessary for the top national lads doing huge steps.

What i've had done to mine is had the flywheel skimmed and this allows the bike to pick up quicker and theres more bottom end.

Edited the carb slide which makes the bike feel alot more revvy of the bottom,

Also had an inlet spacer put on inbetween carb and reed block,

Had the v force reeds put on which do give the bike a change of charecteristics,

Changed the jetting in the carb,

lighter throttle spring which makes the bike feel so much nicer,

few other little things which cant remember at this current time

If you need more info message me on where to get it done

I may be wrong but from memory the 200 only differs in bore size, the piston, barrel & head are all that are different between the 2 bikes

the 200 changes the bike alot it gives it a little more bottom end which is still not comparable to a bigger capacity bike and also gets rid of revs you can achieve on the 125 so overall it is better if you are a raw beginner

Had the flywheel skimmed and this allows the bike to pick up quicker and theres more bottom end.

Had the v force reeds put on which do give the bike a change of characteristics

Two very nice ideas I think :mellow:
Also had an inlet spacer put on inbetween carb and reed block,
I don't think you can combine this mod with an OKO because the Carb inlet works out badly offset, yet very close, to the airbox hole. A spacer would only make that situation much worse...if the OKO fits in there at all. :P

Hi shercofray, I'd like to replicate that Flywheel mod over here. can you please post up some photos and some details too?

Best of balance.

Neo

Two very nice ideas I think :crying:

I don't think you can combine this mod with an OKO because the Carb inlet works out badly offset, yet very close, to the airbox hole. A spacer would only make that situation much worse...if the OKO fits in there at all. <_<

Best of balance.

Neo

Hi well it runs with the dellorto anyway and it's fine.