Apico Torx Helmets

smudger984

Just seen these new helmets ..... Apico Torx Helmets ....

Has anyone got one, are there fairly lightweight? I used a Airoh rock at the moment but I am looking for a change and these seem a good price, just havent seen one in the flesh?

Cheers

Smudger

Just seen these new helmets ..... Apico Torx Helmets ....

Has anyone got one, are there fairly lightweight? I used a Airoh rock at the moment but I am looking for a change and these seem a good price, just havent seen one in the flesh?

Cheers

Smudger

Nice light comfy fit, BUT not road legal if you do raid trials

With the greatest of respect, have you ever known anyone to get stopped by the police and been done for not wearing a road legal helmet ?

No but I have known people be injured in a road incident during such an event and the wearing of an unapproved helmet can have all sorts of implications for various parties. I wouldn't be surprised to see an insurance company wriggle out of indemnity by saying that the wearer should not have been on the road.

Edited by 2/4

Does anyone know of a trials helmet that has a removable fabric chinstrap cover, I have a full-face Airoh and this does have it, great for when you sweat you can bung it in the washing machine aswell as the inserts, everything smells fresh and nice.

All the trials helmets I have seen have fabric chinstrap covers but there are all sewn in? My airoh trials helmet was like this so I decided to see if I could get out the fabric to put in the washing machine as it was getting smelly and now looking for another helmet as this has runined it :-(

I would pay the extra if there was a trials helmet out there like this.... do Arai have this feature or Sheoi have this?

Cheers

Does anyone know of a trials helmet that has a removable fabric chinstrap cover, I have a full-face Airoh and this does have it, great for when you sweat you can bung it in the washing machine aswell as the inserts, everything smells fresh and nice.

All the trials helmets I have seen have fabric chinstrap covers but there are all sewn in? My airoh trials helmet was like this so I decided to see if I could get out the fabric to put in the washing machine as it was getting smelly and now looking for another helmet as this has runined it :-(

I would pay the extra if there was a trials helmet out there like this.... do Arai have this feature or Sheoi have this?

Cheers

Shouldn't be too difficult to get a strap cover knocked up from some old fabric and velcro.

Yes I thought it would be asy to take off and make something up.... only trouble is the stiching also held together the quick release clamp. So this was one issue but the other is it is stiched really close to the helmet shell and I cant get it off so I am left with half of it ripped off at present :-(