Creaky Rear End On Evo 2009?

pazaz

There is a loud creaking noise coming from the back end of my Evo which is driving me mad!!

I have greased all the suspension linkages and swinging arm bolt but this hasnt resolved the annoying problem.

Anybody exerianced before this or anyone have any ideas what may be causing this?

Such a simple problem but cannot get to the bottom of.

Cheers!

Did you take off the shock and grease the bottom bearing on it? Not just where the bolt goes through the hole, but the actual bearing inside it. I had the same noise on my sherco and thats what it was.

Hi we had the same problem i here in DK. if you loosen the bolt for the swingarm it will probably disapear. !!! the cure is to take of the swing arm and with a file, thake a few tenth of a mm away, you will be able to see where the swingarm rubs and is too wide round the end where the bearing sits.

It helped here.

Hi had the same problem. Quickfix is to use copper grease between the swingarm and the bearing bushes on the swingarm pivot bearings and dont overtighten the swing arm spindle bolt.You will have to remove the swingarm to do this properly. It appears that the tollerances are a little tight between the frame and the swing arm causing the creaking sound. To prove if its this just slacken the swingarm pivot bolt nut off and it should go.

Edited by ianwilson