Classic Trials Show (topics Merged)

charlie prescott

You can't buy classic bike parts at a supermarket, or did tesco start selling bikes . What a stupid argument !! .

I went there with the hope of picking something up from so called jumble , so was happy to pay to get in . But felt very let

down by the lack of stuff there. I AM NOT critisizing the trial or the sections and i,m sure the riders did have a good time.

On the whole most do every week at trials . My point is you don't PAY to watch classic trials and i would not have done

if i had known thats all there was going to be there apart from a hand full of bikes in a tent . I think this event could have

been held at any decent trials venue with out the need for admission charges , you may have had even happier riders

if they had had real sections to ride . So enough excuses the show was poor . The trial ok if slightly mickey mouse.

Now excuse me i'm of to tesco to see if they still have a couple of majesty's on the shelf . :o

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As i've already commented on another thread about this so called show i'll be brief .

Some people are easily satisfied!!. And we are all entitled to our opinions , but there's more to buying kit

than ebay or tesco. Oh yes some of us do quite a lot of organizing within the trials world. And if you don't like reading some one elses

opinion then i,m surprised your contributing to this thread.

I agree with mclarke, I went to see if I could gets some parts from the autojumble

All the autojumble stands packed up at 2pm on the Saturday!

The trial was good, but you normally watch these for free.

Also Tesco are clean out of Bantam D14 engines! (probably had them b.o.g.o.f last week)

Oh yes i forgot to mention the thread on this forum on JUNE 4 2010 stated there would be a trade marquee with over 60 stands and a fabulous autojumble

Enough said ( bit of wish full thinking maybe) i've heard waitrose have got a few ossa mars left .

Check back it's there for all to see :o

I wonder how many of the "knockers" actually organise any events.

Perhaps the Prescotts did not get everything right but they put in a great amount of effort (and I would guess money) and tried something a bit different.

OK, the Show and autojumble may have been a bit of a let down but no one can force traders to attend and jumblers tend to look at the weather before they commit themselves and the forecast was not good.

As for the Express Trial, the riders all seemed to enjoy the format, the sections were just about right and the entry included some of the best Classic riders in the country.

I am not too sure that big prize money for the winners is the way to go, perhaps good awards like tyres, rear shocks,chains etc. could be given to the top half dozen rather than one big money award.

I was there on both days and thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and I hope that Charlie, Richard and Lee will ignore the complaints, learn from the experience and do it again next year.

I wonder how many of the "knockers" actually organise any events.

Perhaps the Prescotts did not get everything right but they put in a great amount of effort (and I would guess money) and tried something a bit different.

OK, the Show and autojumble may have been a bit of a let down but no one can force traders to attend and jumblers tend to look at the weather before they commit themselves and the forecast was not good.

As for the Express Trial, the riders all seemed to enjoy the format, the sections were just about right and the entry included some of the best Classic riders in the country.

I am not too sure that big prize money for the winners is the way to go, perhaps good awards like tyres, rear shocks,chains etc. could be given to the top half dozen rather than one big money award.

I was there on both days and thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and I hope that Charlie, Richard and Lee will ignore the complaints, learn from the experience and do it again next year.

I think the point the knockers are making is they paid to go in ! they did not have guest passes.

if you paid for something and thought you had been seen off ,would you not complain ?

I for one hope the Prescotts do NOT ignore the complaints, but agree learn from the experience

I think the point the knockers are making is they paid to go in ! they did not have guest passes.

if you paid for something and thought you had been seen off ,would you not complain ?

I for one hope the Prescotts do NOT ignore the complaints, but agree learn from the experience

well said i thought the trials was briliant but we was promised a lot more than two auto jumblers by th way i went sunday and their was 2 nice tys for sale but the one i would of had would have to be the one with decals on :o

but i hope they have more stuff next year

Hi Guy's

My Head is still somewhere else, my body Bu***d , But what I do remember that if nothing else, a "SUPERSTAR" emerged from the shadows at the Classic Trials Show.

Not only can he ride a trials bike a bit good.

But put a microphone into his hand and he turns into to this Super Rock-star, far better than most of the current or even the past so called pop-stars.

If I was anything to do with the rock and pop industry I would sign this guy straight away. He must be worth a mint.

His Name *****"Barry Micklethwaite"*****. Thank you so very much, I still cannot believe the talent you have. along with your backing group ****" The Whittons"**** you could go far. Keep on Rocking!!!!!!

Thank you Guy's again for a super weekends entertainment. PS Your booked for next year,OK.

Regards Charlie.

I would echo with what MartinM is saying.

The majority of people are Trials rider's,I for one would rather ride than watch,i also have enough old crud sitting in a garage so autojumble would'nt of been much good to me no matter how big or small it is,basically the reason i did'nt attend the weekend was because i could'nt bring my Twinshocker with me.

Anyone who is in any kind of business should accept negative comments as part of a learning process or suggestions on doing things differently next time, my main criticisms were after reading the web site i was expecting entertainment and an auto jumble like they have at telford, the bikes on show had no placards saying what they were who rode them and how old they were, it said there was a live band but found out after we were there and paid the

Anyone who is in any kind of business should accept negative comments as part of a learning process or suggestions on doing things differently next time, my main criticisms were after reading the web site i was expecting entertainment and an auto jumble like they have at telford, the bikes on show had no placards saying what they were who rode them and how old they were, it said there was a live band but found out after we were there and paid the

• 4 weeks later...

VIDEO

I rode the Saturday morning trial..losing a five, missing a gate on the very first section on the very first lap!.. well, it had been two hours between viewing the sections and getting under way and the memory isnt what it was!

Agravating a shoulder prob I took the opportunity to video cam the afternoons action, Sunday's trial and the static exhibits in the marquee as well as Mick Andrews coaxing Corrie's "Bill Webster" over the railway sleeper pyramid on an old iron.

I have over an hours footage on disc. I can't guarantee I picked up everyone but if anyone would like a copy please message me.

Andrew

ps; ..I did get the infamous section one "testing" clean by a certain yorkshire chap.. folowed by his hop, stop and dab in the actual tria!