Trials Engine Weights Among Different Brands

sectionone

Actually I was thinking about putting a trials motor in a small MX frame like a KX100 to make a stunt bike. Preferably a Yamaha or Honda 2T motor, but would also consider a Sherco or GG. I was also curious how much a Sherco would weigh with a GG engine, Mont/GG, Beta/GG etc.

I am lazy and fat, I never clean my 315r! Can anyone advise if the extra few grams of gloop is increasing the un-sprung weight of my wheels causing me bad results.

Would it be worth running bald tyres to combat this?

After angle grinding all the knobs off your tyres, look closely at that rich red paint on your 315, it might have lead in it. Heavy! Ever wondered why Montesa swithced to white mudguards for 2004?

After angle grinding all the knobs off your tyres, look closely at that rich red paint on your 315, it might have lead in it. Heavy! Ever wondered why Montesa swithced to white mudguards for 2004?
Chewing the paint off to make that monty lighter is a brilliant idea!

At least that's what our brilliant legislators thought our kids were going to do . . . . chew the lead-containing paint off the frames of their KTM 50's. They passed a well-intended anti-lead law that addressed toys made overseas, but to our amazement also included all dirt bikes marketed to young children. Shut down sales for months. It's not been solved yet either. I know when my kid's not riding he's in the garage eating his bike. :lol:

End of rant . . . back to motor weights. ;):

Hi Guys

I changed the oil in my 300 Raga the other day.

450mls came out and it weighed 469.223 Grams.

I measured 450mls of the same oil to put back in and this weighed 469.445 Grams.

Has enybody else weighed other oils.

I'm thinking if there are lighter oils out there i can use, it will help me in my weight reduction.

:P:wall:

I started my Sherco in the dark,in the garage yesterday then flicked a switch on my handle-bars and the whole garage became light.. ;) .....ha! beat that :lol:

If your being serious then I would think the heaviest modern trials engine would be the TYZ/Scorpa/Yamaha unit??looks BIG!