Fantic 403?

danster

Hi I am possibly going to have a look at a Fantic 403 the owner says it is a 70's trials bike with a mono shock, kickstart lever is broken so needs to be push started? all original except rear fender. My quick search on the internet shows it possibly a 83/84 301? Any thing in particular I should be concerned about with this is the kickstarter a common fault and impossible to repair?

I am in Canada so parts?

If the rest of the bike is in decent shape and it's cheap , It is worth the effort ... FANTICS ROCK !!!!

Just put the kicker on the new shaft with some loctite ... And make sure it stays tight ...

Glenn

And look at the bike , I've seen more than one where the kicker itself was broke and the shaft was fine ... Pivot pin breaks ...

Edited by axulsuv

Thanks

Another bike that might be available localy is a 84 TY that needs some work if both bikes are of similar age and condition how do they compare? Fantic thread so answer most likely biased but still interested in your knowlage and input.

I imagine the TY parts would be easier to come by? I have no idea what this needs, rumours about one around for sale yet to be confirmed.

Dan

Thanks

Another bike that might be available localy is a 84 TY that needs some work if both bikes are of similar age and condition how do they compare? Fantic thread so answer most likely biased but still interested in your knowlage and input.

I imagine the TY parts would be easier to come by? I have no idea what this needs, rumours about one around for sale yet to be confirmed.

Dan

Fantic parts are pretty easy to get,Yamaha trials parts aren't like stocked by dealers.