09 - 10 differences

cabby

yeah, obviously I can see they are two completely different bikes, maybe I should've asked, is the 2010 the better buy despite obviously being dearer, if actually outside my budget.

No worries about the confusion.

I've not had much experience with Sherco's, But I honestly wouldn't go for a 2010, they had a fair few problems, Obviously with them being the first of the new design, & now the 2011's are much better & improved, No one wants the 2010's anymore, I've seen so many on ebay for sale, I'd go for an 09, Save yourself some dosh.

not really anything wrong with the 2010 same engine etc,handles really well ,not as many problems as the first evo,s. have a shot of one in your club stuart and make your mind up.or just buy a 2011 great deals before 2011? i would think.

should have explained it a bit better really, I meant trhe first of new designs always tend to have a lot of problems, As you say like the Evo did at first with the frames/Swingarms cracking, But the Sherco had big problems with the Fuel tanks, & can also remeber hearing about big carburetion problems as well, & also a few other problems. Not saying there a bad bike, They just suffered a few problems, At last years SSDT, Caby went through a fuel tank a day or something like that?

Edited by BenBeta23

I doubt very much he went through a fuel tank a day, thats rubbish Ben.

AG Brown and John Battensby did the week on the tanks they started with, without any disrespect if they arent breaking them then I doubt Cabestany was. Cabs started about 5 mins before me and I never passed him all week, why wasnt he running out of fuel every day ??

I doubt very much he went through a fuel tank a day, thats rubbish Ben.

AG Brown and John Battensby did the week on the tanks they started with, without any disrespect if they arent breaking them then I doubt Cabestany was. Cabs started about 5 mins before me and I never passed him all week, why wasnt he running out of fuel every day ??

I'm sure I read that on here, It was somewhere written throughout the SSDT forum, Could be rubbish as you say really, But I've heard of a lot of other people breaking them a lot, Including Browny.

Edited by BenBeta23

I can't speak for the 09 but I can say that the 2010 I have has been a fantastic bike for me. I put some short thin plastic pipe on the frame were the lower triple clamp comes into contact with the frame. That's the only sour spot I found on the bike. The 2011 has a plastic piece there that will fit the 2010. Try to ride both the 2009 & 2010 and buy what you like.