Trials Australia.

jon v8

Anyone on here use the TA forum ? I registered on it as I have strong connections downunder and hope to watch a couple of events out there in 2012.Went on the introduce yerself bit and nobody even said hello.No problem I thought,then I noticed a post asking how riders living in Queensland were coping with the floods,149 views so far and nobody could bother to comment.I realise trials is a minority sport,but I'm glad TC is more friendly and active..... :thumbup:

Anyone on here use the TA forum ? I registered on it as I have strong connections downunder and hope to watch a couple of events out there in 2012.Went on the introduce yerself bit and nobody even said hello.No problem I thought,then I noticed a post asking how riders living in Queensland were coping with the floods,149 views so far and nobody could bother to comment.I realise trials is a minority sport,but I'm glad TC is more friendly and active..... :thumbup:

Hi Mate

Most folk here are still on holiday - just starting to wind back to work this week. Also it's our "off season" here til March so we're more focused an Beer and Barbies... Hang in and someone will get back to you in a month or two.

:beer:

Hi Guys

I'm based in Brisbane, Queensland and up to the end of last season I was president of the Logan River Mototrials Club.

Don't forget that we are in the summer over here and therefore "between" seasons with lots of families on holday. We are gearing up for the start of our season in mid Feb and most guys I know will be fettling bikes and getting them ready.

We have had major floods over here for the past month culminating yesterday when flash floods caused by monsoonal rain killed 7 people in a town west of Brisbane called Toowoomba.

The properties we use get badly affected by heavy rain where property owners don't like to see erosion caused by bikes and also a lot of them pull their drinking water out of the creeks so we have to be careful when laying out sections.

I am an ex Pom from the Midland centre and follow all the stuff on TC and will be over there in March for an extended stay to keep an eye on my ageing mom and will be living in the B'ham area. I ride a Cub in classic over here and I have a Scorpa for playing around on and I'm leaving them both here so I've been talking to some old mates to organise a classic bike to join in a few events.

Anything you need to know just send me an email and I'll help with whatever I can before I leave at the end of Feb. twinshock@aapt.net.au

Cheers

Roger Galpin

Jon, I have bookmarked it and visit there everyday. As an OZ trials rider for over 26 years, the info on that site is great. TC is a good reference point as well as some humour..Drop by and lookout for Oldbiker, i'll be there.

Well seeing the news at lunchtime today Brisbane is taking a real beating.My brother phoned from Perth and told me a great deal more than the BBC chose to tell us.I can only say that our thoughts are with you all and hoping that the floods subside quickly.The loss of life and missing list is terrible - I really dont know what to say that can make sense or help in any way.

Lets hope tomorrow is a better day,regards Jon.

Some Aussies are out in good weather, these lads rub salt in the wounds on the Z1 forum...

http://www.z1ownersclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18910 :thumbup:

Just to illustrate what a country of extreams we live in, those poor buggars have bush fires to deal with at the moment... :(

http://www.smh.com.au/national/homes-destroyed-as-hundreds-flee-bushfire-20110111-19msd.html

Paul Mac

Edited by paulmac

Seriuosly i do feel sorry for the people over there, but I think we forget sometimes how lucky we are to have massive resources here which can limit the effect of disasters/floods and so forth, or at least the aftermarth, wasn't it 3 weeks to get a temporary bridge in cumbria?

One statistic which I can't remember the exact wording but something like 18 milion in Aus and 16 million live within 200 miles of the coast?

Thats a big space in the middle!

Was listening to the radio with an australian woman explaining how her husband had waded chest high to get home. Just daft he could have been the next victim.