Motorcycle test?

jitsiejack

You're not safe to ride anything bigger on the road for two years as the bigger bikes are far too dangerous......unless you can afford to pay extra for the "direct access" and then it's completely safe ?

You take your test on a bigger bike and you're good to go !!!!!

You're not safe to ride anything bigger on the road for two years as the bigger bikes are far too dangerous......unless you can afford to pay extra for the "direct access" and then it's completely safe ?

You take your test on a bigger bike and you're good to go !!!!!

Providing you are 21 isn't it?

I have my CBT booked for this coming saturday, I have done my theory and im not entirely sure what to do after this.

Can anyone give me some advice on what I need to pass to get on the road. I dont want to ride a 125.

Thanks

You must complete the CBT which is straight forward. (Enjoy it, Remeber it's a training course Not a test)

You must then take a Module 1 test, (11 Exercises, Slow ride, Slalom, Figs 8, Emergency braking and the much talked about "Swerve" Test

Module 2 is a 30 min road ride, 3 questions about your machine.

Pass both you then have a full motorcycle licence.

Your age, If you are under 21 yrs you are only allowed to take the tests on a 125cc machine, Then you can ride a bike of any size along as the power output does not exceed 33bhp ( Most bike bikes require a restrictor fitted to meet this.)

If you are over 21 yrs you can take Mod 1&2 on a bike over 500cc and then ride a bike of any size/ power output (No restrictor required(Direct access)

Hope this Helps. :thumbup:

You must complete the CBT which is straight forward. (Enjoy it, Remeber it's a training course Not a test)

You must then take a Module 1 test, (11 Exercises, Slow ride, Slalom, Figs 8, Emergency braking and the much talked about "Swerve" Test

Module 2 is a 30 min road ride, 3 questions about your machine.

Pass both you then have a full motorcycle licence.

Your age, If you are under 21 yrs you are only allowed to take the tests on a 125cc machine, Then you can ride a bike of any size along as the power output does not exceed 33bhp ( Most bike bikes require a restrictor fitted to meet this.)

If you are over 21 yrs you can take Mod 1&2 on a bike over 500cc and then ride a bike of any size/ power output (No restrictor required(Direct access)

Hope this Helps. :thumbup:

Crikey, bit different than 4 left hand turns, 4 right hand turns and an emergency stop. 1970 style test!!

yes and if you have any skill which most trials riders have its a another case of rip off britain, £30 odd theory test with the dreaded hazard perception test, even if you already have done it and past a car test you have to do it again, good for the coffers you see!. £120 CBT ..joke £350 + for mod 1 and 2. its enough to put any youngsters off getting onto a bike. just my opinion of course, im sure there will be plenty who would disagree especially if you have a valid interest in ELF and safety or the training industry.

Edited by pandelboy

How much! i did complete package in 1990ish 4 days training tests hire bike 125 all in..

I did a direct access in Novemeber cost me 600 quid, I was quoted 390 to do it on a 125.

I figured if i was going to do it was worth paying the extra 200 quid to ride a 600 for the

three days..

The only mistake I made was doing it Scotland in November !!! it was freezing having never ridden

a rode bike it didnt realise how cold it gets on a road bike especailly on a motorway..

ta

b

• 2 weeks later...

I did my Direct Access at the age of 26 and it was the best thing I ever did. Went from having never ridden a bike before to within 2 weeks riding around on my own ZXR750. If you are over 21 then do the Direct Access. As long as you are sensible enough to be steady with your right hand then you will be fine. If you just do the normal test though and have the 33bhp restricted licence for two years then you will get fed up of the lack of power way before the 2 years is up and then it will seem like a grind.