First Time Trip......................

smallboy

Hi all

I am going to attend this years SSDT,but want to make sure i get to see two sections,being:The pipeline and the other is one that is always featured on DVD's,it is were they go under a road bridge which is always full of spectators and climb up the stream over rocks.I hope this is good enough descripton.My main question is were are both of these sections so i can plan to see both,also are they at opposite ends of the trial,or by any good luck,within a couple of days of each other.Any help would be great.

Regards

David

Second guessing OTH here but....

Pipeline - as DBF says its above Kinlochleven, most recent years it been used on the Saturday morning in the big trial but used both days in the pre65 held the weekend before the main trial.

Lagnaha (Kentallen)- There is a road bridge at the bottom of the second sub group but they only ride under it to get back onto the road back to Fort William. Used on the Monday afternoon ....Thursday PM...Saturday PM.

The only other places I can think of with a bridge that would feature are Leanachan, Trotters Burn, maybe Forrest Gate

Edited by Slapshot 3

If you have been watching the dvd's then from your description then you could see them both in the same day provided the route does not change. We normally ride Pipeline on Saturday morning then Leanachen Saturday afternoon. This is usually the last day of the trial. We very rarely ride Pipeline other than Saturday. Hope this helps.

I'd agree. I think your speaking of Pipeline and Leanachen. You should have time to see both if the routes don't change much. There are bunch of sections with bridges at the start but not many the riders ride under in the section. To be sure, your DVD's will likely start with the section your thinking about as its often one of the first sections in the trial. If it's my DVD your looking at the sections are all named.

Oh way the way. There are many better sections than pipeline to see. Yes it famous but really its just a blast up a big hill. Not as easy as it sounds but not spectacular.

Oh way the way. There are many better sections than pipeline to see. Yes it famous but really its just a blast up a big hill. Not as easy as it sounds but not spectacular.

Top sub is fairly hard but I don't think many people bother getting off to look at the bottom ones. Having said that it's an SSDT icon & for that I'd say it's a must see. It's easily accessible & there aren't too many places to watch in the morning prior to a trip round to Leanachan or the Ben in the afternoon.

Hi all

Thanks for all your advice,problem is i cannot decide if to watch 2 days of the pre 65 and 2 days of SSDT,or just the SSDT?Comments...........

Cheers

I suppose it depends if you like old bikes or not?

Me, I do, so I'll be up for the pre-65 then the first couple of days of the SSDT. Can't stay for the whole week so this seems the best compromise for me.