British Twinshocks what would your eligability critera be?

old trials fanatic

Instead of talking about put your money where your mouth is and organize an event and see what response you get.

You seem a very angry person????

I don’t arrange trials, I just pay to enter and have fun (and even help out) :thumbup:

I've also got a trick bike a GasGas :D

In fact I’m fairly new to trials, from what I’ve seen of the pre65 I’m going to keep well clear

I’ll stick with the twinshock & modern, Pre 65 doesn’t seem very inviting!

Edited by Monty_Jon

Therefore, you wouldn't allow the Ariel in the Pre65 Scottish?

The club where I ride would put both in the specials because the have no gators on the forks. Scotland have there own rules. They did ask for photographs of each bike and stated they had to comply to certain criteria to be accepted, the picture that has been shown on the forum is that an up-to-date picture of the bike ready for Scotland? As you seem to think it is not eligible for Scotland

Edited by Jack_the_lad

Instead of talking about put your money where your mouth is and organize an event and see what response you get.

I do every month :chairfall:

So does Charlie Prescott and a damn fine one it is too.

Out of interest how many do you organise? If you do well done but what has that got to do with drawing up a spec for British Twinshocks? It doesnt affect you because youre well entrenched and happy with the status quo with "Pre65" in Yarkshire i presume.

Lots of more far sighted people see the sense in British Twinshocks and we will have to wait and see what develops. Perhaps some riders just enjoy the deceit of disguising modern components and have "loads a money"

The club where I ride would put both in the specials because the have no gators on the forks. Scotland have there own rules. They did ask for photographs of each bike and stated they had to comply to certain criteria to be accepted, the picture that has been shown on the forum is that an up-to-date picture of the bike ready for Scotland? As you seem to think it is not eligible for Scotland

Seperate arguement but what has "elegable for scotland" got to do with Neil Gaunts bike?

Or havent you been following the discussion on scottish pre65 elegability.

ok, fair enough, just wondered why specials. But I'm at a loss to understand how the addition of gators make the forks acceptable.

The Ariel is obviously accepted into Scotland, as are many other bikes with likewise modded forks and yokes. Whether it is eligible is another matter and one I couldn't care less about. I'll quote the regs again and you can make your own mind up.

"Fork sliders and yokes to be Pre65 design only. No Bultaco Ossa Yamaha etc or BSA/Triumph 4 stud. Fork maximum length 32 inches"

So, based on that regulation and what is seen in the picture, should that bike and many others with likewise modded forks and yokes compete in Scotland.

Simple enough question.

I'll put some gaiters on my gasgas, and a BSA sticker on the tank then .. Job done! :thumbup:

I'm gonna wait for OTFs Brit-shock before I'll ride my bantam!

But each to his own, just keep riding :icon_salut:

Edited by Monty_Jon

ok, fair enough, just wondered why specials. But I'm at a loss to understand how the addition of gators make the forks acceptable.

The Ariel is obviously accepted into Scotland, as are many other bikes with likewise modded forks and yokes. Whether it is eligible is another matter and one I couldn't care less about. I'll quote the regs again and you can make your own mind up.

"Fork sliders and yokes to be Pre65 design only. No Bultaco Ossa Yamaha etc or BSA/Triumph 4 stud. Fork maximum length 32 inches"

So, based on that regulation and what is seen in the picture, should that bike and many others with likewise modded forks and yokes compete in Scotland.

Simple enough question.

Depends who is riding it :wall:

• Dislike 1

You see this is EXACTLY what i am getting at. Pre65 can appear to be like that with all the bickering and secret nods, winks and handshakes to use a metafor. What i and people like Charlie Prescott, who has most definately put his money where his mouth is and taken the loss, are trying to do is keep the camraderie loose the backstabbing and open up thr riding and enjoyment of British Bikes to all. BTW i should have mentioned it earlier but if enough owners of ridgids wanted to ride at our trials then i would put on a class for them too roughly following the same spec outlines but riding the Clubman course for obvious reasons.

Our Club has adopted the idea of British Twinshocks now it's down to the rest.

Who is your club? If you have adopted your format you will be putting a trial on in the near future so Enthusiasts will all be able to come a long and have a go. PS Charlie's bike would also be in the specials. If you see your ambition to change the trials world I will come a long and have aride if I'm not bared.

so the only issues you have with the areil are the yolks and fork legs.. hardly top end performance enhancing are they.. equally the 'missing' fork gaitors arent going to sink the ship are they so how would a bike of this quality fare i your brit twin shocks.. simple just as well as it does in p65. how much cheaper would it be to build a bike in brit twin shocks to this std? not one penny.

the most effective way of increasing ease of participation and reducing costs ( which i assume is the basis for your argument) is to have clear and concise rules. i would hold the p65 scottish rules this year for rigids as been the best example to date.

i understand that your club is to host a round of the northern bike series, so why not use that as a position to ensure bikes are in the correct class and that going forward the classes have clear and consice rules. a std bike is cheaper than any special or bitsa it may not spin on a sixpence or climb everest but it should be able to compete on a par with similar bikes. i very much suspect that the adoption of rules similer to the p65 rigids would have the support of a large number of riders.

Edited by totalshell