What does MC mean on results?

nath15804

Hi, just wondering what MC means at the sides of peoples names on results sheets that trials clubs produce?

If two riders drop the same amount of marks in a trial, the one with the most cleans ( MC ) gets the higher place in the results.

Phil

Then you count 1's, 3's & 5's.

If you still can't split them, the final decider if FC, that's furthest clean. ie if two riders both drop 1 mark the one with the furthest clean takes the win.

If both riders drop one mark on the same section on the same lap, then it's a draw.

Then you count 1's, 3's & 5's.

If you still can't split them, the final decider if FC, that's furthest clean. ie if two riders both drop 1 mark the one with the furthest clean takes the win.

If both riders drop one mark on the same section on the same lap, then it's a draw.

Don't think you ever get to count fives, only a draw if there is no time element, final decider is otherwise least marks lost furthest, ie 1 2 3 is a better score than 1 3 2.

Don't think you ever get to count fives, only a draw if there is no time element, final decider is otherwise least marks lost furthest, ie 1 2 3 is a better score than 1 3 2.

I've had a three way draw on the C route in the past. All three riders dropped one mark every lap on the same section loosing four in total.

On a slightly different subject, I've also had a rider loose just one and be in 16th place when we got the severity of the event completely wrong, believe it or not!

This was in the OK Supreme LDT for trail bikes when heavy rain was forecast that didn't arrive. There was a special test that gave us the result and eight riders got round for zero and eight got round for one (oddly that was at the last section of the day too) from those 16 riders the one with the slowest special test was 16th.

Imagine dropping one on the last section of the day and ending up 16th! :wall:

Many years ago our club used fewest fives as the first tie decider which seemed to be logical enough and was accepted by all.

FWIW our Club uses the same points scoring as per the Sammy Miller Championship and as for tie deciders we abide by TSR23 as we are an ACU club and i always thought all affiliated ACU clubs were honour bound to follow and abide by the National Sporting Code and Trials Standing Regulations. Well thats what i was told at my Clerk of the Course seminar. I am anazed that other clubs do otherwise.

As for AMCA a local club used the age of the bike??? which i think is simply farcical especially as who has the foggiest idea what year a bike was. They use the info entered by the rider on the entry form which is ridiculous because there have been 1962 Sprites and an incredible amount of pre 1960 James entered because of this. I suppose i could see some kind of locic in using the age of the rider but how do you comfirm that without a birth certificate.

No the TSR23 rules are clear and concise and i have never had a problem. :thumbup:

Edited by Old trials fanatic
  • Dislike 1

FWIW our Club uses the same points scoring as per the Sammy Miller Championship and as for tie deciders we abide by TSR23 as we are an ACU club and i always thought all affiliated ACU clubs were honour bound to follow and abide by the National Sporting Code and Trials Standing Regulations. Well thats what i was told at my Clerk of the Course seminar. I am anazed that other clubs do otherwise.

As for AMCA a local club used the age of the bike??? which i think is simply farcical especially as who has the foggiest idea what year a bike was. They use the info entered by the rider on the entry form which is ridiculous because there have been 1962 Sprites and an incredible amount of pre 1960 James entered because of this. I suppose i could see some kind of locic in using the age of the rider but how do you comfirm that without a birth certificate.

No the TSR23 rules are clear and concise and i have never had a problem. :thumbup:

Ahhhhhhhhhh bless somebody doesnt agree LOL

• Dislike 1