Ohlins VS TRP Rear shock

sdeane01

Hi,

Looking at buying an after market shock for my 2010 sherco cause lets face it, the original is far from the best of the pack. Given that a TRP and an Ohlins are the same price, was wondering which was better. Looking for something that will rebound quickly yet be plush on drop offs.

Or are there any other options?

Thanks

Edited by sdeane01

I have never used a TRP Shock myself, But I use an Ohlins on my Beta Evo & I would highly reccomend them to anyone, It Has made my suspension a lot more firm & is much smoother, All you need now is to find someone who uses a TRP shock, Or you could drop an email to your local dealer, See what they reccomend!

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think any modifications are required for it to fit.

I do not know anyone who has the money to just simply try them both as a comparison!

I feel sure they are both good quality, as have not heard different.

As I recall, the TRP was priced a bit under the Ohlins at one point, say $500us V $600us, which may make them more tempting, yet at the same price? I would have to go Ohlins I think.

Seems the reports include the Ohlins fit the "10 and "11 bikes, while the older TRP did not untill a re-design which is now available.

I cannot afford any them, so I am just waiting to see if one you will send me one the crap stockers off a new "11 for a song! I'll gladly try it in the "07 and report back!!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Dislike 1

I am just waiting to see if one you will send me one the crap stockers off a new "11 for a song! I'll gladly try it in the "07 and report back!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Hey Cope your generosity has no boundaries :thumbup::lol:

Best of balance.

Neo

• Like 1

Haven't tried the Ohlins but do have a TRP in my bike, made a major improvement.

Best part is the fact they're rebuildable which I'd think would also apply to the Ohlins, can't say the same for the original

Biggest problem with the TRP can be supply, seems they sell too well

Hey Cope your generosity has no boundaries :thumbup::lol:

Best of balance.

Neo

Never hurts to ask!!! I'llbet Chris or Wullie have one just sitting there on the shelf collecting dust!!

ps- I bumped your ego a bit, reciprocate to get me out the negs thanks to Baldi!

• Dislike 1

Is this the place to ask a dumb quuestion? having paid thousands of ££££ for a new bike I can not justify buying new shock, its been bad enough trying to sort out the engine tune and steering and of course not to mention the rear wheel which is now currently being examined by MRS as a warranty complaint which has been dragging on for months (

)...anyway...... I'm stuck with this bike and need to make the best of it and want to ease off the damping and wind up the spring on standard rear shock... spring easy enough but does one have to remove the fuel tank to get to damping adjuster ... it shows a photo of it in the handbook and says it can be adjusted without removal of the shock, I suppose if I could see it or even know where to poke the screwdriver it may be easy... am I missing something?

I would suggest that running the dial gauge on the inside of the rim would be more relevant to whether this is the source of the leak. The inside may have been buffed to match. Still not very good however.

Edited by B40RT

I agree and I did but this is cleare to see, My theory is that the tyre stays on untill it rolls over a rock or such at this point on the rim at which point it "derails" whatever I put all three tyres on different bikes/wheels and they have stayed on even at 2.5 PSI, I am running a "spare" wheel at moment with one of the IRC's and ithas stayed up and on for two events now.

Hi everyone

Interesting about the shocks on the 2010 model.

Whether it was because of the required location for adjusting the spring tension, below the exhaust, or some other reason, after the spring had settled we ran out of adjustment before we could achieve the required sag.

A 3mm spacer was machined and fitted and the suspension now works fine.

ps the bike carries in excess of 15 stones.

Geebee