2009 clutch noise

fatbastard

I've had a problem with my kick start not engaging but thats fixed now.

The Clutch is making a wirring noise until you engage a tiny bit of clutch. Ive taken the casing off and removed clutch and refited but still making the noise. The noise is louder then normal.

I was hoping to use the bike tomorrow so any ideas or will it be ok to use ?

Any advice greatly appreciated

you dont say what bike you have, if its a Gas Gas that is normal

if its not then it sounds like you might have chipped a tooth on ths clutch basket when the kickstart problem occurred, as long as there is no bits of the kickstart gear or chips off the teeth floating about it should be ok

It's a 2009 txt pro 250 , it does appear to ride ok. Just the whirring noise until clutch is engaged.

"engaged" is a bit of a misnomer. Do you mean it makes noise whth lever out(clutch engaged), or lever in(lever engaged and clutch disengeged)? :rolleyes:

ALL Gas Gas pro clutches rattle until you pull the lever, the fingers that work the clutch plates are what rattle

That being said I bought a 2010 300 off Shirty that was once Dibs' bike and there is no rattle whatsoever, I am putting that down to the fact "Kev" had the bike set up proper for Dibs, but as I said in previous post rattles when you are not pulling the lever are normal

• 4 weeks later...