What to do with an old Piston

neo

Hi All,

I've got my recently removed old piston sitting on my garage shelf. I keep looking at it and wondering how I can put it to some use because it's served me well while it was in there. So I'm wondering if I can polish it up or paint it or something. And make it into something practical or something I can put on display. I've seen pistons made into ashtrays but as a non-smoker I'm not so keen on that idea.

Any idea's, fun or not, are most welcome. :thumbup:

Best of balance.

Neo

Edited by Neo

Hi All,

I've got my recently removed old piston sitting on my garage shelf. I keep looking at it and wondering how I can put it to some use because it's served me well while it was in there. So I'm wondering if I can polish it up or paint it or something. And make it into something practical or something I can put on display. I've seen pistons made into ashtrays but as a non-smoker I'm not so keen on that idea.

Any idea's, fun or not, are most welcome. :thumbup:

Best of balance.

Neo

Donate to local club to make trophy. :thumbup:

Drill the head and screw it to the wall, should make a good mount for your roll of duck tape! A 2.9 piston fits a roll of gorilla tape like a glove! You likely got 2-3 mm to play with.

Or put it on a stick and give it to your gay friends! :thumbup:

Just hang it up out of the way for the day when one of your mates says:

''..I've bought this clapped out sherco, for a song and all it needs is a half decent piston then I can make a $grand profit!..you haven't got one lying around have you?..'' :(

''..I've bought this clapped out sherco, for a song and all it needs is a half decent piston then I can make a $grand profit!..you haven't got one lying around have you?..'' :(

I'll second that!

Jon

Yes a worthy cause HAM but over here in Aus I worry that the piston would just got to wast with that strategy. With exception to the twin-shock riders only a small percentage of modern trials bike riders work on their engines to this level. eBay Aus has next to no (modern) second hand trials parts trading. Which it a good indication of the kind of market here.

Anything that's artistic or practical or funny is what I'm after :D

Best of balance.

Neo

When i met the Burt Monro - worlds fastest indian super guru and world class legend - with my dad he showed us how everything that broke was recycled conrods, pistons the lot!

I watched him cast a piston. Ha, he kept his favorite piston and kept recycling it!

So melt it down and make a new'n

Ralphy

Edited by NZRalphy

When i met the Burt Monro - worlds fastest indian super guru and world class legend - with my dad he showed us how everything that broke was recycled conrods, pistons the lot!

I watched him cast a piston. Ha, he kept his favorite piston and kept recycling it!

Ralphy

the fastest indian

One of the best films I've seen !!!

the fastest indian

One of the best films I've seen !!!

One of my favorites too!

I once had a Chevy Astro AWD van and didn't like the flimsy plastic center hubs on the aluminum wheels, so I machined the crowns off of four RM250 Suzuki pistons to use as polished wheel centers, does that count?

Jon

Ralphy

Better used as Beer cans if you ask me! :thumbup: