Defeat to auto-retract kickstand?

jersey

What a great idea by beta! Mine lasted a trial then i took it off and stamped up & down on it? I was washing bike after 1st outing & knocked bike forward & it fell on its side snapping clutch lever off! Could be worst though my brother grabbed hold of a 2011 evo in showroom & did the same & dropped it LOL!

Edited by betarick

Australian design regulations for road-registerable motor bikes require the side stand to be self-retracting. I assume it is the same in many other countries.

Aparrently there were a significant number of deaths and injuries around the world attributable to people riding (road bikes) with the side stand still down so all road-registerable bikes require it. Until now I didn't realise it was a "feature" on new trials bikes. It is very unusual to road-register trials bikes here so the trials bike importers probably nobble this "feature" before we see them.

Dave, Aus receives the non-homolgated (i.e. not intended for road registration) models. The Gasser I bought from PeterB in NZ was an homolgated version this had the little doodad on the kickstand return spring but Pete showed me how to disable said doodad.

Can anyone tell me how to defeat the auto-retracting kickstand on my 2011 Evo 200?

FIXED IT! Spent some time setting up the bike today. Removed the lamps & wiring. When I got 'round to looking at the kickstand, I noticed the pivot bolt causes the auto-retract feature. Long story short, replacing the the pivot bolt with a shorter one was all it took to make the kickstand function normally, kick-down/kick-up. :thumbup:

Cheers, Jrzy

BTW - this bike ROCKS !!!!!

15102009045153-0.jpg

Edited by jersey