Chain tensioner TXT 250 '06

peet

Ok, kinda new here... And kinda new with this type of bike...

Obviously I needed to tension my chain...

I didn't, and after a few jumps ridin' up a stair, the chain tensioner brok off.

I'm gonna try to find an online shop where I can find a new one. In the mean time I moved the rear wheel a lil' backwards.

Is it ok to ride it without the chaintensioner for a couple of days?

All advice on how to check of the chain is in perfect tension, are welcome.

2zzrp0i.jpg

GreetZ,

Peet.

To get the correct chain tension, rotate the snail adjusters until the chain tensioner starts to come away from the swing arm, once you can get a finger between the two or your thumb (unless you have massive thumbs) then thats the correct tension. I think you can get anodised coloured chain tensioners so added bonus of getting some bling :thumbup:

Its steel just weld it and put it back on until the new one arrives at least then you not down and out

Dustin

It's aluminium. And my mate is gonna weld it on monday, so I can use this one untill the new one comes in.

:P

Hate to bust anybodys bubble, but you can definately ride with out the chain tensioner. In fact it is fine not to ever replace it! Make sure you have enough slack not to break your rear hub. And as long as your sprockets and chain are in good shape you should not throw a chain any easier than with the tensioner in place. Take a look at any motocross bike, see any tensioner on that long chain and take notice how much travel that swingarm has. Some riders actually remove the tensioner when new!!

Hate to bust anybodys bubble, but you can definately ride with out the chain tensioner. In fact it is fine not to ever replace it! Make sure you have enough slack not to break your rear hub. And as long as your sprockets and chain are in good shape you should not throw a chain any easier than with the tensioner in place. Take a look at any motocross bike, see any tensioner on that long chain and take notice how much travel that swingarm has. Some riders actually remove the tensioner when new!!

That's why I needed the advice from you guys. As I said, I am new to these kind of bikes. When the tensioner broke off yesterday I moved the rear wheel backwards and checked if I still had enough slack while compressing the rear shock.

Anyway, ordered a new one online. Will take my CBR1000RR out for a spin today :P