Pre-65 Provisional Results

ssdt news

Charlie, for people not familiar with the winning big bikes, could you give us an idea on the make and any mods of the top 3 winning bikes please.

cheers

Steveo.

PS Good to see Stephen A, the NZ rider, finishing the event.

Edited by steveo

Hi Guy's .

Hi Steveo.

Well I don't know a lot about the winning Triumph twin ridden by Steve, but I have been told that it had a modified standard frame, but Steve was considering a Royal Enfield lightweight Crusader frame, but the biggest advantage was the use of the knowledge of the boys from "Maxton", and the forks could have had there cassette units fitted, along with there superior rear twin-shock units. but this is only what I have been told by a third party.

Neils Ariel that finished second, I suspect was the same bike that was featured in the Classic Dirt Bike magazine.

This had a Mick Grant built engine, in a Paul Jackson frame, forks internals and legs from a Cagiva trail bike, fork yokes and hubs in alloy,from Alan Whitton, a belt drive driven clutch, from a later Beta trials bike, a Pal Speedway magneto, and a modified Villiers S22,carb tuned by his father Peter. And Rockshock rear units. If I find any other details I will let you know. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Regards Charlie.

Edit forgot the Rockshocks,

Edited by charlie prescott

Hi Guy's.

Hi Steveo,

I have been sent a photograph. of Steve Saunders Scottish winning "TriField", by a friend of mine that had some input into the machine, as you can see it has the Maxton suspension units fitted, amongst other parts.

I have had to put the photo onto my web site in the Gallery, as it is to big to load onto here until I can modify it.

Go to.http://www.bsaotter.com/

Regards Charlie.

post-2608-0-07604600-1305035065.jpg

Hi Guy's.

Hi Steveo,

I have been sent a photograph. of Steve Saunders Scottish winning "TriField", by a friend of mine that had some input into the machine, as you can see it has the Maxton suspension units fitted, amongst other parts.

I have had to put the photo onto my web site in the Gallery, as it is to big to load onto here until I can modify it.

Go to.http://www.bsaotter.com/

Regards Charlie.

yeah thats how i remember them from 1964 :popcorn:

Not wanting to open old wounds... not really anyway...

Word drifting down to France is that the scrutineers need to go to " Spec savers "

Apparently had a few of the fancied " Legal " top runners getting hot under the collar....

Wots all that about ....

lets not forget Russel Rooksby's ride.. despite a "debateable" 5 on the pipeline, he was riding a borrowed bike... built in a shed by an engineer and definately not a cheque book special..

Picture 3rd in from Right on the 6th row down..........http://www.yorksclassictrials.co.uk/#/members/4547091900

Edited by alan