Team Greeves

trialsrfun

remember the SSDT is a fantastic proving ground for a new machine, it will either come out with plaudits or blow its' brains out trying!

Big John

No comments on the Greeves but I feel the sales failure of the Sherco 4t was directly linked to their disastrous first outing at the SSDT a few years ago, takes years to build up a reputation for reliability ...and just a few days to destroy it.

Mind you, never harmed the Beta's sales... :ph34r:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen the Greeves entered in a trial in Ireland a few weeks before the Scottish. A bit agricultural in terms of finish and there would be more poke in a 125 gasser, but when I build and develop a bike as good I'll criticise- maybe a few on here should take note.

I seen the Greeves entered in a trial in Ireland a few weeks before the Scottish. A bit agricultural in terms of finish and there would be more poke in a 125 gasser, but when I build and develop a bike as good I'll criticise- maybe a few on here should take note.

I think the point most are making is they can

I jus do not understand all this. The friggin thind is basically a Sherco motor, or a near direct copy. I do not understand just how they do this in the first place, but even if one copied it, how do you screw it up that bad in the process?

Even if one reverse engineers something, the basics are there in front of you, now go screw it up? :thumbup:

I jus do not understand all this. The friggin thind is basically a Sherco motor, or a near direct copy. I do not understand just how they do this in the first place, but even if one copied it, how do you screw it up that bad in the process?

Even if one reverse engineers something, the basics are there in front of you, now go screw it up? :thumbup:

Well, Italjet managed to make a mess out of copying a Bultaco so it's been done before.

Has a deal been done with Sherco to use the motor ?

I dont get why Sherco take Xispa to court but not Greeves. With hindsight it looks like neither party represent much of a threat to Sherco but i dont understand why Sherco let Greeves launch the bike. Its obviously a Sherco copy engine despite what Greeves say.

Well, Italjet managed to make a mess out of copying a Bultaco so it's been done before.

Yes I remember that!

We have Bultacos, but not Italjets and we don't want any either!!

Big John

Edited by Big John