Exercises

First day back on bike since september as ive just finished rebuilding it and wow ive missed the fun and laughs! Only problem was i suffered major arm pump within the first half hour which meant i kept having to stop to rest and have ten minutes before i attempted any rocks or big banks.

Is there any way you can train your forearm so you dont get arm pump so harshly? Im thinking one of thise sweeze things bit would that work as i dont know what muscles cause arm pump

Don't spend any money:-

Put your arms out to the side (crucifixion style),bend at the elbows raising only your forarms (you should now look like you're surrendering).From that position simply open out your fingers as wide as possible then clench into a tight fist...do this 100-ish times fast..go past the point where you lose control...repeat ! :thumbup:

Make sure theirs enough calcium in the water you drink (if your drinking any) For me evian has the best balance of minerals which allows perfect cell function. When the balance becomes altered they struggle to function and become stuck.

Ensuring your properly hydrated with the correct balance of minerals is your foundation. Then gradually increase the training effect by either slowly increasing your riding time until it's no longer a problem.

In a gym you could try hanging from a smith machine and doing 45 deg pull ups (timed rather than reps though so you don't cheat when it gets hard). Or a weight attached to a bar which you wind up mimicking the throttle.

Good luck and remember to take it slowly

• 2 months later...

This is what I do:

Get a 1 or 2 pound weight and attach some chord to it. Fasten the chord to a piece of 1" dowel. Hold your arms straight out in front of you and start winding the weight up and then go the opposite direction back down. See how many times you can repeat the process without resting. This will build wrist and arm strength.

As you get stronger you can either increase the weight which will build strength or do more repetitions which will build stamina.

Good luck!

This is what I do:

Get a 1 or 2 pound weight and attach some chord to it. Fasten the chord to a piece of 1" dowel. Hold your arms straight out in front of you and start winding the weight up and then go the opposite direction back down. See how many times you can repeat the process without resting. This will build wrist and arm strength.

As you get stronger you can either increase the weight which will build strength or do more repetitions which will build stamina.

Good luck!

:thumbup::thumbup::iamwithstupid: it does work