Anodised Wheels

martinh

A colleague of mine does wheels, anodised and powdercoated.

He can rebuild the wheels with black spokes too :wacko:

Last year he did the wheels for my Husaberg.

2x hubs powdercoating black

2x rims anodising black inc 1 new 5" rear

stripped and rebuilt ..............................................

Keep em out of the rocks or they don't look too neat for too long. Be real careful with tire irons too when changing the tire. A slice out of a plastic milk jug between the rim and the tire iron will help. That's what I use to keep the irons from scaring up the rims when I change the tires on my road bikes.

A colleague of mine does wheels, anodised and powdercoated.

He can rebuild the wheels with black spokes too  :wacko:

That'll be brokenlegs then? He powder coated my KTM wheels and hubs, they look awesome. I'll post pics later. Not sure powder coating is the best option for trials wheels though, it's brittle similar to paint, therefore will chip off if impacted against something, i.e. rocks. Anodized wheels will scatch.

Not sure powder coating is the best option for trials wheels though, it's brittle similar to paint, therefore will chip off if impacted against something, i.e. rocks.

Powdercoating, like everything, can be done well or poorly.

Good powdercoat can be hit with a hammer and will not chip.

When my coater does rims, the tires can be put on and remover with irons without chipping the coating.

One problem is grounding the engine to the frame. Some coating has to be removed, or the engine will be isolated and there will be no electrics. Even the lockwasher under a motor mount nut won't cut through it.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks cool, but you wore all the knobbies off the tires!

You are closer to the truth than you realise :o

With dirt wheels on, any over zealous opening of the throttle on the road results in the knobbies being ripped off :)

Even my 400 BERG did that , it was even better in the rain tho' ;):)

Guest coflet
Does anyone know how much a set of spokes and/or nipples are for a sherco? As I am going to anodise the wheels, I may as well replace the spokes too, just so it is all new looking, as there is no point having my funky black wheels, with rusty nipples and dull spokes!

just ordered a new set of spokes for therear of my 2004 sherco

I saw a gasser at the colonial with a red anodised swing are and wheels and it looked really cool, I think it was Steve Colleys old bike.

The red gassser in questions belongs to Ian Hopley and its not, I don't think, an ex Colley bike. I'm sure Ian had his done first and it certainly look better. Colley's looks like either red lead or the paint used for post boxes. :)