Derbyshire Dales Farce

d230

If the results are announced on the day, which they were, then you have 30 minutes to appeal. After that no protest can be accepted.

However, if the written (or on web site) results were different for those announced on the day that would be another matter.

In this case, that is not what is being suggested.

After 30 minutes, the results were final.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rider in question was already over 50 mins late at the punch card change (he was was still @ section 3 when riders with nunbers in the 50s arrived. He always hangs back.

His mitigating "reason" was acceped un-verified, regarding a reason on the second punch card and the over riding individual was not the clerk of the course !

When the said individual allowed the rider an extra 20mins (still the reason was un-verified) he was informed that this still meant exclution; he then said to remove all the time penalties.

I am aware of a verbal protest on the day but this was disguarded as apparently the 30 min time limit had passed !!!! There were still riders arriving back to sign off at this point !

The bottam line is that "the club would not dare upset this individual"

That's disgusting....................apalling way to run any sporting event

Yes agree, is the person in question a very powerful political man who can bring a club to it's knees by hinself, or is he just dead HARD!!!!!!!

Yes agree, is the person in question a very powerful political man who can bring a club to it's knees by hinself, or is he just dead HARD!!!!!!!

It would be nice to know who it is?

I’m guessing its Sepp Blatter :shutup:

Edited by Monty_Jon

Trouble is with this topic because the facts have not been aired then it is all conjecture. It's a shame that the reasons for decisions taken on the day have not been made public then i think people would be able to have an informed opinion not one based on "chinese whispers". Saying that it is up to the organisers wether they want to "go public" or not and i have to respect that.

Just know it's not a simple as some might think it is.

Either way it's history now so onward and upward :thumbup:

This is the very reason why there is an appeals process, if any rider was unhappy about a result or descision made by the club they should have protested. This system is clearly set out to prevent occurances such as this happening days or weeks after the event.

It would be nice to know who it is?

I

after much speculation,rumour and down right lies the club has asked me to make the following statement

A rider at the recent normandale trial,who is a landowner of one of the venues used,was given a

dispensation with regard to time penalties because an unknown rider had failed to close the gate to

the venue in question,cattle had then strayed onto the road.Understandably the rider wanted to recover

his cattle and avoid a possible road accident.The timekeepers and scorers were unaware of this and

recorded the rider as excluded out of time.this was rectified as soon as the error was noticed.

the club stands by the decision taken.the rider in question has very broad shoulders and has made no

comment about this,but the club wants to make clear what was done and why.

on a personal note i have ridden with this guy for many years,he is as honest as the day is long

he is never the last to finish a trial,quite the opposite.

on behalf of the MANSFIELD MAUN MCC

This is the very reason why there is an appeals process, if any rider was unhappy about a result or descision made by the club they should have protested. This system is clearly set out to prevent occurances such as this happening days or weeks after the event.

It doesn't matter who it is, if the club officials deemed the excuse as being a valid one on the day, and no one protested that descision within 30 minutes then that's how it stands. Personalities are irrelevant!

On a general basis, I still think that a 30 minute time limit for a protest is totally unworkable. Surely, results posted immediately after an event are provisional, not final, as mentioned elsewhere. There are also the logistics. As I mentioned before, a rider who may have a need to protest may not even see those results within 30 minutes. They also have to find the means of putting it in writing and finding the fee there and then. A rider could finish a trial and be on his way home 2 hours before the last rider has finished. It doesn't seem right to me.

Also on a general basis, rider's personalities are definitely relevant as they can and do influence decisions. Not necessarily decisions to actual protests, but to events that could lead to a protest if everyone had a similar win at all costs attitude as some. Personalities can influence observing decisions to their benefit, they can get away with bloody murder, things that others wouldn't (or try to) but most riders know it would be pointless protesting so don't. I've witnessed it many times, it does happen.

Back to the actual topic, it's good that the club have made the facts known. It seems a perfectly acceptable situation to me and if the rider is who I think, then I agree with Chris, he is not the type to unfairly seek any advantage.

Edited by Woody

Someone has asked for some clarification on Protest and Appeals etc

There is a danger that it turns into a long drawn out debate about times and how they should or should not be, or how sensible they are or are not and so on. Nothing wrong with such debate of course , but it can be coloured by a particular incident or event , and obviously at this stage it is not my place to in any shape of form to be involved in a particular event .

I will therefore restrict my comments to the actual Disciplinary and Arbitration Regulations in general

This however must be enhanced by the Championship Regulations if this applies i.e. if an event is a round of any particular Championship

All our Championship Regulations state: In handbook-

Protests in this Championship must be submitted within 30 mins of the announcement of results provided the results are displayed within 30 mins of the last rider finishing.

If this does not come into play for any reason e.g. it took longer than expected to collect cards/work thing out , problems etc

after much speculation,rumour and down right lies the club has asked me to make the following statement

A rider at the recent normandale trial,who is a landowner of one of the venues used,was given a

dispensation with regard to time penalties because an unknown rider had failed to close the gate to

the venue in question,cattle had then strayed onto the road.Understandably the rider wanted to recover

his cattle and avoid a possible road accident.The timekeepers and scorers were unaware of this and

recorded the rider as excluded out of time.this was rectified as soon as the error was noticed.

the club stands by the decision taken.the rider in question has very broad shoulders and has made no

comment about this,but the club wants to make clear what was done and why.

on a personal note i have ridden with this guy for many years,he is as honest as the day is long

he is never the last to finish a trial,quite the opposite.

on behalf of the MANSFIELD MAUN MCC

seems fair to me.

More to the point: Who left the gate open ?

If the rider is who I think he is! Then as already has been said above:

He's as straight as they come & he not only cares about the sport & its future, he gets off his backside and puts something back in.

He obviously upset the establishment with a cracking ride.

Well done & good luck to him.

Hi Guy's

Has a country born and bred person. That grew up with cattle and trials bikes, our land at the time was always open as a trials venue, and was used by the Banbury NOBAC club. Now if there was nowhere else to leave the miking cows, on the day of the trial, someone was left on the gate to open and shut it. Should that not have been the case at this trial. Or are farm animals just secondary to other interests in the countryside.Was there not a sign that said this gate must be shut at all times.

The other worrying thing is that the farmer/rider, involved with this issue might now have second thoughts about letting this land be used again for Sporting Trials. Do you see where I am coming from?

Regards Charlie.

You can have a CLOSE THE GATE sign as big as the gate itself Charlie, but the fact is that there will always be some riders who are just too damn lazy to get off their bikes and do it. Or they see riders coming up behind in the distance and think they will close the gate so they leave it open. Those riders get there, think the gate is permanently open and just ride through, so it never gets shut again.

I've ridden in trials where someone is stationed on a gate to open it and close it for riders but it takes a lot of resource for a club to be able to organise that. And what a thankless job. All to pamper riders because some just will not close gates. Clubs shouldn't have to resort to that. It's a pain having to get off to open and close gates yes, especially when your bike doesn't start in gear, but it's a small inconvenience in comparison to the work put in by the organisers of an event.