Building Ossa's

copemech

Not sure if this has been posted up here, as I ain't seen it, but seems Sergio has mave it over to the factory and got some nice pic's and some videro up on his site.

I was goin to comment on a few the pics, but I see he has them coptrighted and such, and you just need to see them all anyways.

I see a lot of really cool stuff there. Seems they are doing a top job on things.

The design is radical by most standards, but at the same time, I likee a lot of things about it, and as an old Ossa fan, well, It does make one a bit proud that they are doing it! If nothing else,it is just friggin cool!

Ck this out!

Like why would anyone want to risk those sanctions on the rocks :wacko:

Nonsense random comment, get back in your box

Nothing to do with risking anything, in all the initial blurb on the website they make a big thing about the forks

No USD for 2012, I've been to the factory twice, the pics don't lie. I suggest to take a good ride on the bike with the latest map P-10 in your practice sections to judge for yourself if it performs like it looks.

I have ridden my bike 4-5 times a week since January.

To the reliability question, I have one bike that has given me a number of issues which where perplexing to say the least but I have many many more with no issues. The big factor is timely factory / importer / dealer support for any needs you have.

(I am an importer, therefore take my post with my appropriate amount of bias - :guinness: )

cheers

best looking bike this year by a long way.. very very nice.. what kudos a bike built by a bloke in a bobble hat.. job done. now wheres the hacksaw so i can get the remington in the vice and nip down barclays before closing time..

Nonsense random comment, get back in your box

Nothing to do with risking anything, in all the initial blurb on the website they make a big thing about the forks

Mate I can't wait to see your new Ossa (with upside down folks supported by the blurb on the website) after a few rocky trials :rotfl:

Best of balance ... because you're gonna need it :P

Neo

Mate I can't wait to see your new Ossa (with upside down folks supported by the blurb on the website) after a few rocky trials :rotfl:

Best of balance ... because you're gonna need it :P

Neo

????? Too much Fosters?

One would assume that the engineers at Ossa had a very good reason for introducing their new bike with USD after considerable research and then took the decision to go with a tradition set-up at the last minute, after all the PR/advertising was in place. As there is clear evidence that trials manufacturers follow each others lead, it would have impacted on all involved with riding bikes if they had gone ahead and returned to USD like MX

I am interested to know why they took this u-turn and would bet that it wasn't that with 10 mins until launch one engineer turned to the other and said "I've just had this email from this really clever Aussie who said trials bikes go near rocks, doh"

Feel free to reply with more anecdotes about scratching/rocks etc and don't forget to include a stupid "smiley" at the end

I have USD forks its just the wheels are now on top of the bike.

A reliable source tells me that the radical dev of the Ossa meant a staged release of new tech by the factory and the USD got pushed back - no release date yet.

One would assume that the engineers at Ossa had a very good reason for introducing their new bike with USD after considerable research and then took the decision to go with a tradition set-up at the last minute, after all the PR/advertising was in place. As there is clear evidence that trials manufacturers follow each others lead, it would have impacted on all involved with riding bikes if they had gone ahead and returned to USD like MX

I am interested to know why they took this u-turn and would bet that it wasn't that with 10 mins until launch one engineer turned to the other and said "I've just had this email from this really clever Aussie who said trials bikes go near rocks, doh"

Feel free to reply with more anecdotes about scratching/rocks etc and don't forget to include a stupid "smiley" at the end

And you say I've had "Too much Fosters?" :rotfl::P ....Oh and I'll give you 100:1 on that bet too :lol:

Edited by Neo