Off the rim..

cabby

My last two trials have ended quickly due to my tyre popping off the rim :huh: The first time I just thought it was bad luck, but after only four sections it came off again.

I've had the bike since Feb and that's never happened before, and it just so happens I fitted a new rear tyre....two trials ago.

So, any guesses on what could be the problem ? I'm starting to think it could be a faulty tyre, but what's the likelihood of that or is there any other explanation ????

Sounds like the tyre maybe got "nipped" as it went it but it could be a "bad" one. Putting a Tube in usually means drilling the Valve hole to allow the Tube though so I wouldn't go that way. Try sealing the side of the tyre wall and Blowing it right up and leaving it a day or so.

I second what telecat said stay tubeless you have to drill an extra hole for a rim to bead lock or youll be fittting a new tube ever time the tyre slips and rips valve from tube ,and once youve drill it yuo cant go back to tubeless with out welding hole up what tyre did you get? and when you say off the rim do mean tyre bead says between wheel rims or ends up off the wheel if its the first pump it up to about 30 psi and leave it standing as long as possible (like a few days ) if its coming off the wheel there is something wrong like not tubeless tyre

Have you checked that it is a tubeless tyre that you have fitted?

there is something wrong like not tubeless tyre

Just checked the tyre and it says Tube Type :rolleyes:

Michelin Competition Trial tyre, I'm guessing the guy got in the wrong kinda tyre then

The tyre has done 20 sections at most :blink:

If it is indeed a pukka comp tyre (I was led to believe Michelin no longer did tube type) I might be interested if you want to sell - will be at Lomond on the 25th.

If it is indeed a pukka comp tyre (I was led to believe Michelin no longer did tube type) I might be interested if you want to sell - will be at Lomond on the 25th.

Pukka indeed it is, it has done less than a full day at Killin the other week, and four sections at Dalbog on Sunday before making it's way off the rim :wall:

I shall also be at Lomond, PM me if and we can agree on things

I fessed up ?!?!?! It wasn't me that ordered the tyre, it wasn't me that fitted the tyre.

I'd be looking to take it back to whoever ordered and fitted then? If it's their mistake then they should put it right (as in fit a tubeless tyre) regardless if the fitted tyre is 'slightly' used? You should only be liable for the price difference - the customer is always right (sometimes) !

GJ :wacko: