WTC what happened

neale

Fuji finished second and results were issued to that effect.

There was then an inference by another team that Fuji's exhaust was missing a paint mark suggesting it had been changed against the rules. As such Fuji was disqualified, the podium presentation went ahead with Bou, Raga and Cabestany and results were re-issued minus Fuji.

The bike was then inspected (which should have been done in the first place) and the paint mark was there, it was just obscured by the carbon fibre exhaust cover. Results were re-issued with Fuji back in.

There was then an inference by another team that Fuji's exhaust was missing a paint mark suggesting it had been changed against the rules. As such Fuji was disqualified, the podium presentation went ahead with Bou, Raga and Cabestany and results were re-issued minus Fuji.

The bike was then inspected (which should have been done in the first place) and the paint mark was there, it was just obscured by the carbon fibre exhaust cover. Results were re-issued with Fuji back in.

Cheers for that :thumbup:

As you said "p*** up in a brewery".

Its getting to be more and more of a circus act every year.. The bikes are developed for these guys to be able to do sections only they can do, then the production cost of the bikes is shaved to a minimum so the bikes are unreliable and overdeveloped for thier market. I know I'm an old git but it must at least be apparant to some that this brilliant spectacle to watch is not actually of benifit to the average mortal who buys new trials bikes... It appears that a large proportion of the funding for the WTC comes from manufactures ergo purchasers... I have reached a stage /age? where I could buy any bike any time BUT there isn't one worth the money .WTC only puts me off buying new bike.

Chewy, I share your opinions!

I worked for an automotive consultancy for many years and the common held belief that 'Formula 1 helps manufacturers improve road cars' has been miles from the truth for many, many years. Road bikes have long suffered from racing involvement (my 1999 R1 was the most fun road bike I've ever owned. It was from an era when 1000cc road bikes existed for the road only and as such had a long stroke motoe with power where you need it on the road. Later 'race-bred' bikes had all the power up top and were frustrating and pointless for the road rider).

The point that comes to my mind goes a bit further; does WTC in general have anything to do with the sport as I know it? Er...

I still seek it out to watch on TV, but apart from the bikes looking similar and the idea being largely the same, a WTC trial is about as far removed from a club wobble as my gran's mobility scooter is from Formula 1!

I do think that the bikes on the market for you and I are still relevant to the masses though. Come the day that all new bikes are snappy, clutch popping pogo-sticks, I will admit defeat and ride a twinshock!

Graham

Perhaps you are right, you are an old git. Let the young lads enjoy modern trials and you can have a go at the Vintage scene. There is plenty for you to enjoy there. You don't see the young'uns going on about the old farts.

Now back on topic, which team was it that protested against Fuji?

Perhaps you are right, you are an old git. Let the young lads enjoy modern trials and you can have a go at the Vintage scene. There is plenty for you to enjoy there. You don't see the young'uns going on about the old farts.

Now back on topic, which team was it that protested against Fuji?

At least you wern't rude enough to tell us to take up observing... I reckon you could guesse which team did the nit picking and it wouldn't need too many tries to get it right

I resemble that statement! Old fart indeed!

Yes, return to topic I think. However I was far from 'going on' about the young'uns and enjoy our sports diversity. It's just that; diverse...

Right you are, diversity is the key. Fact is that our sport has several forms now, in the past it was one Trials for all. We are all old gits, I'm just trying to stay relevant.

I don't think that the wtc ever set out to be relevent to the club rider, just the same as the club rider probably has no interest in the Euros, BTC any nationals, Sheffield and probably centre championships, but that doesn't mean they mean nothing and can't be enjoyed by those who ride them, watc or observe.

We know they are a breed apart but it is our world championship for our sport, just the same as F1 for motor racing?

Reckon it was Raga?