front sproket seals

bondy

hi guys does anybody know where i can get the front sprocket seal for my 199A? ive tryed the ones bultaco uk sell and its still leaking. any ideas where to get the seal with the metal clad round the ruber? i found one in a tin of engin parts i have ive put it in seems to be a much tighter fit than the all ruber ones wont know till ive put the clutch back on and start her up to see if shes leaking. ive turned the back weel round now before oil used to drip out dosant seem to be doing it with the metel seal so any help would be great

hi guys does anybody know where i can get the front sprocket seal for my 199A? ive tryed the ones bultaco uk sell and its still leaking. any ideas where to get the seal with the metal clad round the ruber? i found one in a tin of engin parts i have ive put it in seems to be a much tighter fit than the all ruber ones wont know till ive put the clutch back on and start her up to see if shes leaking. ive turned the back weel round now before oil used to drip out dosant seem to be doing it with the metel seal so any help would be great

Often the front sprocket seal is leaking because the tiny ventilation hole for the gear box is clogged with debris.

Befor you do another replacement, please look after if the tiny hole in your engine located in the center of the red circle in picture is free.

If not the warm gearbox oil and the reminding air inside produce a over pressure.

Normally the standard oil seals works fine.

DSC08007-02.jpg

Often the front sprocket seal is leaking because the tiny ventilation hole for the gear box is clogged with debris.

Befor you do another replacement, please look after if the tiny hole in your engine located in the center of the red circle in picture is free.

If not the warm gearbox oil and the reminding air inside produce a over pressure.

Normally the standard oil seals works fine.

DSC08007-02.jpg

hi thanks. i unblockt the hole but my be i didnt do it proper ill look again i just put a thin nail throw it. whats the bests way to clean it out? i put 600mm of oil in but bultaco uk said it should be 500mm? so i did and its not comming out as much. ive hopfully sorted the ping noise that was cumming from the clutch case. the primary chain was catching the weight the chain seemed to be slack so i had a spare one. seems to be tighter so ill put that back together. apart from that the bike runs great.

hi thanks. i unblockt the hole but my be i didnt do it proper ill look again i just put a thin nail throw it. whats the bests way to clean it out? i put 600mm of oil in but bultaco uk said it should be 500mm? so i did and its not comming out as much. ive hopfully sorted the ping noise that was cumming from the clutch case. the primary chain was catching the weight the chain seemed to be slack so i had a spare one. seems to be tighter so ill put that back together. apart from that the bike runs great.

can i ask you witch is the best way to put the kick start return spring on? ive tryed sliding the sping on the shaft. and then ive put the stright bit in the middel of spring throw the hole. and pushed the kick start as fare back as it gose then with my spring puller put the hook on the nut but when i let go of the kick start i dosant go back i know it shouldnt be this easy to put the spring on so must be doing somthing wrong? this is how i think it should be done. wind kick start fully back get sombody to hold it or tie it back then with the stight bit out of the shaft wind it on with long pliers? :guinness:

That your spring does not have the right tension to move the kick start foreward sounds strange.

It is nearly impossilbe to mount the spring the wrong way.

When You have mounted the front end pin of the spring in the hole of the kick-start shaft the other end of the spring should unmounted point at 5'o or 6'o clock. When mounting the rear end you tense the spring.

May be the ends of the spring had not the right angle between them, may be the tension of the spring isn't good enough.

BTW.

Due to the bending getting the spring inside the hole it is recommended not to use the spring after remounting again. (to cold deform spring steel isn't a really good for the material property).

That your spring does not have the right tension to move the kick start foreward sounds strange.

It is nearly impossilbe to mount the spring the wrong way.

When You have mounted the front end pin of the spring in the hole of the kick-start shaft the other end of the spring should unmounted point at 5'o or 6'o clock. When mounting the rear end you tense the spring.

May be the ends of the spring had not the right angle between them, may be the tension of the spring isn't good enough.

BTW.

Due to the bending getting the spring inside the hole it is recommended not to use the spring after remounting again. (to cold deform spring steel isn't a really good for the material property).

hi again the spring is brand new of bultaco uk. ive put the shaft forward in its normal place then i have slide the spring on the shaft.and put stright bit of the spring throw shaft why the other end of the spring is resting on the engin ive pulled the kick start as fare back as it will go then hookt spring on threaded bit is this the way you do it?

hi all just going back to my oil leak on the front sprocket. ive put new seal on the end of the sprocket shaft cant seem to stop it leaking. ive allso changed the seal and o ring and bush behind the front sprocket. could it be ive not put the o ring on the shaft proper? ive cleaerd the gear shaft breather so im at a lose end please help me.

hi all just going back to my oil leak on the front sprocket. ive put new seal on the end of the sprocket shaft cant seem to stop it leaking. ive allso changed the seal and o ring and bush behind the front sprocket. could it be ive not put the o ring on the shaft proper? ive cleaerd the gear shaft breather so im at a lose end please help me.

Well, if you put it on backwards you'd have problems...

I have no real clue, may be you mounted the distance bush # 17 wrong?

Here is the assembly order to the 199 model:

# 46 spring clip

# 45 oil seal 14x20x3

# 40 ball bearing

# 17 o-ring

# 21 distance bush

# 43 oil seal 30x40x7

# 29 countershaft sprocket

# 23 sleeve gear fixing washer

# 22 sleeve gear fix

Motor%252520Bultaco%252520Sherpa%252520199b%252520Br%2525C3%2525A4uer%252520Ausschnitt.jpg

Well, if you put it on backwards you'd have problems...

hi no ive put the end seal in the right way with the open end facing inwards like any other seal gonner take a look at it in the morning cheers

I have no real clue, may be you mounted the distance bush # 17 wrong?

Here is the assembly order to the 199 model:

# 46 spring clip

# 45 oil seal 14x20x3

# 40 ball bearing

# 17 o-ring

# 21 distance bush

# 43 oil seal 30x40x7

# 29 countershaft sprocket

# 23 sleeve gear fixing washer

# 22 sleeve gear fix

Motor%252520Bultaco%252520Sherpa%252520199b%252520Br%2525C3%2525A4uer%252520Ausschnitt.jpg

hi ive put the bush in the right way the o ring sits in a groov ill have to take the new seal out behind the sprocket ill let you know how i get on cheers

• 9 years later...