Casey on the home stretch...............

rockyrider

Casey Stoner once again showed us his prowess today in Aragon. After starting on pole, he only managed a third place after the start of the race. Did you notice how short a time it took him to pass Dani, then Ben? How spectacular was that, to finish the race 6 seconds in front of his team mate for the win. We could have a new world champion here, again.

Dull, Dull, Dull.

Moto GP better improve as a spectator sport for the thous coming in again next year or the fans will desert it in droves....FACT!

:thumbup: My guess is, that next year with the re-introduction of the 1 liter, MotoGP will be greater and more exciting than ever. What's not to like?

Personally, I can't see the increase to 1000 making a scrap of difference next year. There will be 2 factory Hondas and 2 factory Yams which will probably be untouchable by the rest. The satellite Hondas and Yams won't live with them. The Ducati is screwed beyond comprehension with the 'maestro' at the helm so what are the satellite Ducati teams going to end up with. Who'd want one? I'll be surprised if the new class bikes get anywhere.

Expect more of the same, Stoner, Pedrosa and Lorenzo doing the winning, Spies maybe and the rest...?? Unless Ducati pull something out of the bag for next year.

I'll still watch it though. Even if a race is a bit boring, at least they only last for 40 minutes, so it's tolerable.

Dull, Dull, Dull.

Moto GP better improve as a spectator sport for the thous coming in again next year or the fans will desert it in droves....FACT!

It's not often I agree with you but here I do. The 4S rule has been a disaster with one factory having declared that it intends to outspend the others into submission.

Let the 2S back in and the fun begin again.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not often I agree with you but here I do. The 4S rule has been a disaster with one factory having declared that it intends to outspend the others into submission.

Let the 2S back in and the fun begin again.

Never Happen, Tim. 2S were a world of fun back in the 70's but now due to a politically correct world society, it's doubtful we will ever see them again. Except, in a specialized life of Trials and possibly a return to moto-x, and enduro.

I too am finding the MOTOGP generally a bit boring compared to when it first went to 4 stroke, but I still watch the races in the hope that there will be some racing happen. I'm hoping Bautista gets some podiums on the Suzuki. He seems to be going batter than should reasonably be expected lately.

Despite Ducati going so poorly, at least the soap opera aspect of it is entertaining.

I find the 125GP races are easily the best to watch and hope the MOTO3 4 strokes replacing them are as much fun.

Interesting you say that about 125's, I have been watching more of them also lately, nice to here the zing, not the drone.

I reckon they have divided the classes and capacities with not too far removed from the Superbike and Supersport series.

Pity, some imagination say with entry class as Twin cylinder 250's 4st, the Moto2 should be 3 cylinder 600cc 4st, and the open class MotoGP be as it is at 800 or 900cc.

This would be interesting to what the manufacturers could develop, a bit of new variety to adapt to and watch.

Unfortunately Honda decided the class rules & wanted to use stuff they already had with the minimal amount of extra work needed, I think if they thought it wouldn't have been so obvious that moto3 would have been a mirror image of moto2 using crf250 motors.

My wife enjoyed going to Phillip Island last year & would go again but I'm not so sure I will be once it's all four strokes farting around the track