Can't Start 4rt

muffin

my 4rt idles runs fine on the sidestand if your bike shuts off on the side stand you should inspect your bank angle sensor(section 6-8) in the manual

It should not shut off on the side stand unless your stand is really bent!!!!

My guess is the bike shuts off when it is on its side because with fuel injection it would keep running unlike a carburated bike therefore I think this is an excellent feature

Hi

Picked up a new Mont 4RT the other day. Yesterday I changed the oil filter and replaced the engine oil as per owners manual. Started the bike afterwards no problem.

Just gone to start the bike again and can't get it going at all. Any ideas on what to try to get it going again?

Cheers

Muffin

Mr Muffin, another thing to remember is not to kick the bike too hard, the starter only needs to be pushed through. Also, remember to keep the throttle shut when starting cold. Try holding the front brake on to prevent your hand from rolling.

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

After a bit of tooing and frowing with the bike between dealers it was the idle speed that was too low. Even after putting an electrical tester to see the output from the stator there was no current to the spark plug. The computer bit during the charging kicks initiates the fuel pump and the injector. If enough fuel is getting through then current is sent to the spark plug. Even if the idle speed seems high do not touch the idle screw.

Mr Belair you were correct, I thank you.

I have fitted a 315 clutch to the bike as well and it is sooooo much better.

• 2 weeks later...