The Scott

wetfeet

Well had another fantastic day at the Scott the weather could not have been better for spectating, i was up bright and early trusty camera in hand and set off to take my customary 300 to 400 shots and all was going to plan i nearly got all of the riders through reels head which was a real stopper today and i only saw a few cleans with three's being the order of the day,and it was a quick dash over to whaw bridge to get some more shots, by this time john sunter was way in front and flying and its great to see a real local heading the field, well i got a lot pictures here of the riders and i was off again to my last section of the day and here is where it all went wrong for me got my self in a good position in the section just ready to get the riders as they made there way back, and my camera decided to play silly buggers and i got the message on the screen that no photographer wants to see in big bold writing "CARD ERROR REPLACE CARD" and my heart sank, i did have another card which i duly put in the camera but i knew my day was done and my heart was not in it any more i did get a few shots(which i will post later) but all i could think about was the other card

well back home and my worst fears have been confirmed i have lost the lot about 400 shots from the trial today and i am to say the least gutted :crying: but on the bright side it was a fantastic day for the riders and spectators alike and i would like to thank Richmond motor club for putting on the BEST trial in the world

i will be back next year hopefully with better luck

Thats bad luck Neil. Have you tried any file recovery software, don't format the card until you have. You might recover some of them.

I had a great day too, like you said the weather was best I've known for Scott day for years. I went to Shaw Gutter for the first time and can recommend it. Then on to Tank Trap which had a few cleans from front runners then became very greasy for the mid pack. We then intended to do Surrender but I have never seen so many cars and vans. Couldn't get within 1/2 mile of the bridge so went to straight to Reels Head but Sunter beat us there. Looking forward to the results.

I feel like some sort of stalker. I was at Shaw Gutter, Tank Trap and Reels Head. I am also a member of Consett Club. The Scott was awesome as usual. You have got to admire the Richmond Club, all those volunteers putting on such a huge event, absolutley brilliant. Long may it continue.

Thanks Scragg

Top day out as usual, respect to all who got round. Went to Underbanks for the 1st time since I rode the trial last (2003 I think?), have they put another stone onto the last step, I can't remember it being that high!

Sorry to here about the card. I had a 500gb hard drive die on me and used some software called. Get data back. And I worked a treat got most of the stuff back.

When is the awards pres?? Interested to know how Murray Whittaker (rider 68 I think) got on.

anybody know????

well guys been trying all night to get the images back but to no avail they have gone!!!!oh bugger

Download Recuva it's free - if you havn't formatted the card it will get most of the pictures back. The better version can even recover formatted cards. :thumbup:

hi tricks we tried that one last night and i didn't work along with every other program out there, i have now just chalked this one down to one of those things, and i have been told of the family to stop going on about it :crying: but they don't understand how big the Scott is

oh well i will be back for more next year

and it was a fantastic win for jono really pleased for him he only lost 2 fives all day