Prices Of New Bikes Today

james111089

Yes James, they will, its called inflation. On the whole though, the bikes are more expensive but you do get more for your money. Having said that, weren't bikes more expensive a few years ago? Maybe ten or so years back?

Maybe your

Hrm... We need to be careful on this topic, lets not forget this a free site and it's supported by many dealers etc. I don't think we should start comparing what's on offer else where in Europe.  ;)

:( Yes, lets not have an open debate like adults. From what I've read above, nobody has said anything against any dealer or importer. I don't think the people who use this forum are naive enough to think a brittish based dealer is able to sell bikes for the same price as spannish dealers can. It laws of economics, most of the bikes are made in spain, no import tax, smaller transport costs and the major facter is the standard of living, the standard of living in spain is not comparable to that of England. Thats why things cost more. you can have everything i.e. NHS, toll free roads, public services the money has to come from somewhere and thats tax!

The price of bike over the pass couple of years has only being increasing slightly and I'd say that this more to do with price raises in spain than anything to do with any UK based Dealer or Importer. Gas Gas still remain the cheapest bike to buy and the only one under

:( Yes, lets not have an open debate like adults. From what I've read above, nobody has said anything against any dealer or importer.

I see what you're saying but I think what Boofont is referring to is the fact that the last time this subject came up for discussion on TC, a couple of people started posting messages like "don't buy a new GasGas in the UK, call these people who'll grey import one and sell it to you in the crate..." and suchlike. Which is all well and good but you need to consider 2 (unrelated) facts of life:

1. The UK importers end up having to service warranty claims on bikes that they didn't initially supply (and therefore made no money on). In the long term, all this means is that the "offical" price will rise to cover these costs.

2. TC is run "not for profit" and relies on the advertising income (and the less tangible support of) people such as GasGas, Beta etc. to pay the hosting and bandwidth charges etc. If the site is seen to be providing members with easy access to unofficial importation channels, those same people might quite justifiably withdraw that support and before long you'll have... TA ;)

One thing is sure :don't come to France to buy a trial bike, we're near Spain but the cost of a 250 is the same than in GB.And the cost and hassle to get a french registration is such than it's not worth buying a bike abroad.As far as dealers are concerned they make more money on accessories and spares than on bikes and they don't have the worries and cost induced by the bike's warranty.so I'm not sure if they really mind about grey imports! :(

Interesting to note that I walked into Del Amo Suzuki last week and saw a brand new Montesa 4 stroke with a $9,000 price tag, set off to the side of about 200 other rice burners, wheelchairs, and jet skis.

Boy, am I glad I know my local dealer farther south!!!

Interesting to note that I walked into Del Amo Suzuki last week and saw a brand new Montesa 4 stroke with a $9,000 price tag, set off to the side of about 200 other rice burners, wheelchairs, and jet skis.

Boy, am I glad I know my local dealer farther south!!!

Could trials be going "mainstream" again? Back to the glory days of the mid '70's?