07 Raga 300 GasGas - Jetting issue

74ossaguy

I recently picked up a very low hour 07 RAGA 300. Seems like she is running a little lean down low. I am using 100 octane race gas with Motorex 100% synthetic oil at 80:1 ratio. The carb has a 45 pilot and a 122 main. I think I am at 3000 feet above sea level and temps now around 50's. I have not looked at the needle as yet.

Does anyone know a good set up for these bikes? I am going to try a bigger pilot jet I think...the only thing that has changed is the outdoor temps - getting much colder than a few months back. I am guessing I need to richen her up for the cooler temps.

Interesting question following my thread:

300 Raga pinking...

Does your bike have a Dellorto or a Keihin Carb? I have a 300 Raga with a Dellorto and have just changed the pilot from a 33 to a 38 - unfortunately, its still pinking/knocking at random times when closing the throttle. Its looks that you are already running a much bigger jet than me even after my upgrade! I'd be interested in what jet combination you find to work best.

Cheers,

Wayne.

Had exactly the same going on my 2011 raga,after messing about with the pilot,tried 48 and 42,and adjusting air screw,have most power and smooth throttle with no knocking and easy starting with: 45 pilot,1 1/2 out air screw,122 main,JJH needle 5th clip plus spacer as if 6th clip.

Its running so good i am tempted to leave as is but waiting reply from a gas gas tech wether to go for different needle richer JJG or JJF which have a smaller diameter or change slide ,now i have a 3.5slide.

This is for a kehin28mm PWK.

Also sealevel with ~20C.

Hope this helps!

• 2 years later...

I've pulled this one from the archives, curious what settings you people settled on. I have a near new 2014 300r which is most times hard to start and runs a little lean when using 2nd/3rd etc gears between sections, this is with a 48 pilot, JJH needle and a #3 slide. I want to try a different needle but not sure which one.

I'm riding mainly at sea level and temps are 10 to 20 degrees celcius (winter here in Oz at the moment) Temps will rise to 25 to 35c come spring/summer.