Irc are they an issue

smalley250

For 10 years ive had Irc but guess times up. On a further note why can I buy loads of different rubbered crosser tyres at 40 quid yet X11 a 30year old tyre n tred cost £80

What about the Vee Rubber tyres, the seem quite cheap?

I’ve used the MX ones with good results (never tried the trials)

Edited by Monty_Jon

If you want to save money in the long run buy a compressor or spare rear wheel. Then manage your good, part worn and well worn tyres to suit what you, the weather and venue are doing.

Had 1 new IRc and 1 new Xlite this year and still both in ok condition and have ridden 3 S3s, 10 Normandales, 2 Welsh champs numerous centre hard, evening and esay trials and a fair few practice sessions.

If you want to save money in the long run buy a compressor or spare rear wheel. Then manage your good, part worn and well worn tyres to suit what you, the weather and venue are doing.

Had 1 new IRc and 1 new Xlite this year and still both in ok condition and have ridden 3 S3s, 10 Normandales, 2 Welsh champs numerous centre hard, evening and esay trials and a fair few practice sessions.

..and a beader.

I was going to buy a set for my BSA, are they that bad?

There is a reason they are cheap...

They are also tubeless, so if you are fitting to tubed rims you need to be sure they will seat ok. Some rims won't seat a tubeless tyre, they pop out ok when fitting with high pressure but as soon as it's let down to about 10psi a section drops off the rim. Akront (as fitted to Ossa Bultaco Fantic etc) seem ok. Japanese rims are inconsistent, some ok, some not. No idea about other types.