TY80 Whitehawk Shocks

john b

Hi

I've just got my son a very vey nice Whitehawk 80 :thumbup: . He is 9 and curently rides (and wins ! :D ) on his TY80 and doesn't want a modern bike to step up to (yet....) hence the whitehawk. Size wise it's probably a year until it's OK for him.

There are some very small odds and ends to tidy up (nothing really) but the shocks do need changing. They have no damping hence just spring !

What are the best type, bearing in mind my son's weight (not a lot - about 4 and a half stone)?

cheers

John

:thumbup: Try the TY shop there in the UK , They have the Betors made just for the ty80 , and they may work well on your whitehawk ...We had some on our ty80 before I enlarged it and they worked well.

I put some cheap ebay shocks on the whitehawk replica I built for my son to get the length I was after , and on those the spring rates are about right , but the dampening is way to stiff . (ie. off the bike and springless they are stiffer than my Falcolns !). But as they have worn some they've got a little better... And I really can't justify custom 12.5 inch shocks !!!

Glenn B)

Edited by axulsuv

Thanks for the replies - I might try some Betor ones. I don't mind paying good money if I can find some decent ones - the bike is worth it !

I'll try below to add some photo's !

http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc510/johnbarnett1/?action=view&current=whitehawk1.jpg

Hopefully the link works ! let me know

If anyone can advise how to post the pics direct from photobucket onto here it would be a help as well !!

cheers

John

Edited by John B