Stopped running !

cabby

Out today and after a short while my bike cut out and wouldn't start again, so thinking it might be no fuel put more in, nothing. Got home, stripped and cleaned the carb, removed kill switch, checked the carb was getting fuel, and the plug was getting a good spark, alas, still not starting :blink:

Anything else I should be checking ??

Hmmm....did consider putting some fuel down the hole but thought with a new plug it would start. As for the old plug, wouldn't say it was wet, no.

Are you suggesting I put some mix down the hole with old or new plug or would it matter ?

2010 sherco dbf ?

try the breather to the tank under the mudguard, it has a one way valve which can get stuck.

I did look at the breather hose though not even sure what I was meant to be looking for/at.

After 6 posts we know know what bike it is!!!!!!!!!!!!or is Baldilocks guessing?

Ye sorry, 2010 290

What wewe you doing when this occured?

Nothing really, just riding around a bit, just seemed like I stalled it, then hasn't started since, I wasn't too worried at the time, as I said, at first thought I might have been out of fuel, but knew I had a full tank to start with, then carb, but again as I said, I've checked all the obvious ???

I did look at the breather hose though not even sure what I was meant to be looking for/at.

Ye sorry, 2010 290

Nothing really, just riding around a bit, just seemed like I stalled it, then hasn't started since, I wasn't too worried at the time, as I said, at first thought I might have been out of fuel, but knew I had a full tank to start with, then carb, but again as I said, I've checked all the obvious ???

When I bought my 2010 Sherco I was thoroughly informed by the dealer and several others that the fuel tank breather hose can get pinched and prevent fuel flow. When you take off the rear guard you'll find the hose coming out of the top of the fuel tank and leading down to exit near the rear shock. I have never had this problem but I don't remove my rear guard much. As I said, the dealer really made it an issue of it to me so I would say its fairly common.

Cheers

Also I should mention that a fortnight ago, at the start of the day a competitors 2010 sherco 125 wouldn't start. We tried everything but the solution was to loosen and almost remove the bottom bolt of the carburetter as it was full of water due to an overly enthusiastic bike wash the day before. Water poured from the bottom hole and after it was tightened the bike ran fine all day.

Cheers

DBF unscrew the filler cap then see if it starts

Sorry, been out all day, just tried it there, still no joy, though strangely the fuel tank plastic cover was wet with fuel when I went out to it there ??

here's a thing from yesterday though, when I removed the fuel line from the carb the fuel kept flooding out, is that normal ? I can't recall that happening before, yes when you remove it from the bottom of the tank but not the line going to the carb ?? I may be wrong ??

Edited by Thedbf