Best foot pegs?

motomanandy

I need some uprated pegs as mine are now blunt!

I dont want to spend over a ton for a set of pegs,ive seen a few s3 sets on fleabay for 45-60 what are the best for this sort of price? :xmas:

i bought some adjustable s3 footpegs 79 quid from gasgas uk and they r the dogs b......s money well spent

Buy some Raptors they last so much longer than any others , are very very strong. I have had mine four years and just been swapping from bike to bike and believe me they have had some stick and they are still not bent twisted or worn out !!

Chewy - top product. Wish I had seen this earlier. Had some early control foot pegs on a mid 90s Gas Gas many years ago.

My take on footrest and why I dont like raptors, alloy pegs etc is that you need to be able to maintain your footrests and the angle of droop to frame.

Idealy footrests need to be angled above horizontal when viewed from front or back of the bike. Otherwise when the bike leans over its very easy for your pegs to be slopping down and basically encouraging your feet to slide off. Yes you can make the points sharp to dig into your boots but much easier to work with gravity.

Recently fitted S3/Hebo style footrest and these are nice but need even these needed welding after 3 to 4 events to make sure they are not drooping.

As I see no point spending lots of dosh if you aint going to maintainn then correctly

Stay away from the Ti S3's - they are very light duty and easily break. Mine lasted alittle over 1 season. Bought the Raptors and really like how they feel. Much heavier duty as far as I can tell.

totally of opposite opion, raptors cracked on weld after 18 months, replaced with titanium s3 can't fault them. really good grip

I've got Talon Alloys from sammy miller and they are excellent! No terribly cheap unfortunately but worth every penny. Fantastic grip and feel.

My feet used to slip off the standard sherco ones quite a lot in the mud and rain.

I'm in the Scottish highlands so mud is the standard surface and rain is the standard weather for 10 months of the year!

Scott.

Edited by spottydog25

Thanks for the replys!

Ive made a list and put it under the tree for santa :biggrinsanta:

If i was buying them i would go for the silver s3 hard rock adjustable pegs from splatshop,they just look great for the price and im sucked in slightly by the adjustable spacers i love messing about with bike settings even if i make it worse! :frosty::icon_rendeer:

Anyone have any experience with the RYP (Ryan Young) Extra Wide Footpegs- 1/2 back 3/8 lower (https://secure.rypusa.com/prodpage.cfm?cat_selected=116&product_selected=140&startrow=1)?

At the Trials Training Centre, Charlie Roberts (the head instructor) had these on his GG. They looked like they would provide a more comfortable platform for your boots, and he said they worked better being lowered and pushed back. The larger pegs sure didn't get in his way in the tight stuff from what I could see.

I'm thinking of putting new pegs on my '02 TXT Pro this winter.....either these or maybe the Raptors. Not sure which way to go....

Thanks!