trouble selecting N

lewisallen

Right i dont no if this is ment to be like this but my 2002 gaser txt280 will not go into neutral with engine running and espically after i have been in gear and want to stop and go to neutral, once engine is off goes in piece of cake, and also i can get neutral whilst rolling.. is this a trials bike thing to reduce the risk of hitting neutral?or does it need looking at?the bikes got 3months warrenty on it so if its not ment to happen the bike will go back. cheers

there not like a road bike where they select neutral easily you tend to have to give them a bit of a jab ,but if clutch is dragging at all it will make it difficult also if you check on youtube there is a gasgas machanic that shows a part that needs to be correctly adjusted to enable correct selectment of neutral

there not like a road bike where they select neutral easily you tend to have to give them a bit of a jab ,but if clutch is dragging at all it will make it difficult also if you check on youtube there is a gasgas machanic that shows a part that needs to be correctly adjusted to enable correct selectment of neutral

i dont think the clutch is dragging at all and iv seen the vids on youtube from the gasgas guy pretty handy, my lever touches the bar and when clutch is pulled in and gear selected the bike stands still like it should. doesnt matter what i do i cant get neutral at all when standing still with engine on, engine off or rolling get neutral fine. is it worth me getting it looked at or just put up with it?

The GG's are designed to have a certain amount of clutch drag and the transmissions are also designed to stay in gear ( which is why you should use the clutch when shifting ) . This makes finding neutral stopped in gear difficult and with a little practice you'll learn to shift into neutral just before stopping.

Jon

Mines the same, but you get the knack after a while

Try using your hand when stationary

yeh i tried using my hand but just doesnt want to go. im not worried to much as its better because there less chance of hitting neutral, just didnt no if this was ment to be like it or something i should worry about, it cant damage my gearbox can it? just seems wierd how when engines off it slips in a dream but not when engine running and stationary

if you check on youtube there is a gasgas machanic that shows a part that needs to be correctly adjusted to enable correct selectment of neutral

Hi I would like to see this video on youtube I have searched and can't find it can you post the details if you have it please!

Hi I would like to see this video on youtube I have searched and can't find it can you post the details if you have it please!

It's here...at 6.27 it shows how to adjust the gear selector.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A80n7zq80n8

Mine had difficulty selecting neutral and shifting. After I'd adjusted it correctly, I can change gears and select neutral easily.

The original poster of this topic has a photo in his profile of a 2002 txt Gasser not a Pro..they have very different gearboxes B) .

Bearing in mind the age of the machine and the cost/slavver time to investigate/remedy the fault , I would personally just tolerate the problem :icon_salut:

The original poster of this topic has a photo in his profile of a 2002 txt Gasser not a Pro..they have very different gearboxes B) .

Bearing in mind the age of the machine and the cost/slavver time to investigate/remedy the fault , I would personally just tolerate the problem :icon_salut:

well iv phoned the dealer up i got the bike from and hes said if its causing me major problems then i can get it looked at but according to him the 2002 txt's have this problem, however if its not causing me any problems then no need to worry, i can get N if i roll soo i think il just put up with it, less chance of hitting neutral i spose