Fantic ignition

spawtydawg

the 200 minerelli ignition is electronic]

Hi, yes I know that but rather than buy all the individual parts to rectify a problem it might

be easier and cheaper to buy a complete stator kit. Also I've heard that some of the parts are

no longer available.

iF YOU ARE HAVING SPARK PROBLEMS IT'S PROBABLY TIME TO CHANGE BOTH COILS, source and HT. tHERE IS A LATER TYPE OF ht AVAILABLE AND THE SOURCE COILS ARE AVAILABLE FROM bOB wRIGHT. Changed mine made a world of difference. We forget these bikes are over 30 yrs old now, :thumbup:

Cant you get the points off a TY175 to work on it ? :P

Happy new year !

Hi Jon hows things? Can't try that as my Yams got electronic ignition. Have got a set of points off

a 349cota that I could try and bodge on if you think it might work? :rotfl:

All the best, catch up with you soon.

Hi, done all that and still no joy :wall:

so it wasnt the ignition or it wasnt done properly.

Both the source and trigger coils can be rewound. Fit a ducati HT coil from steve goode and off you go. It it still IS a problem, mabe thhe flywheel magnets are old? I have never seen this but it could be. What exactly is the problem?

a<ftermarket ignitions are available for the forward kicks but not the minarelli.

They are like fitting weber carby to a GTI though...

Hi Jon hows things? Can't try that as my Yams got electronic ignition. Have got a set of points off

a 349cota that I could try and bodge on if you think it might work? :rotfl:

All the best, catch up with you soon.

Nailing Mont points on could be like using a wax candle..... good luck with the Fanny - cant be too much wrong....

With any luck I should be at the Golden Valley trial on the 29th Jan.Maybe not Serow powered,quite - but see you and Bo there ?

Ok here's the skinny as our American buddies would say. Bike cut out at a trial went totaly dead.

Eventually fired back up again ( no misfireing or iratic running ) rode another section bike died

again. Once home tested for a spark nothing. Fitted new coil ( Ducati type ), new source coil,

new spark plug, new ht lead, new plug cap. Still no spark so we're running out of options. The only

thing I think it might be is the pick up but I've been told they are not available any more. As far

as I'm aware I've wired everything up correctly ( checked it numerous times ). Also I've tried it

with the kill button disconected, still zilch!

Any ideas anyone.

Ok here's the skinny as our American buddies would say. Bike cut out at a trial went totaly dead.

Eventually fired back up again ( no misfireing or iratic running ) rode another section bike died

again. Once home tested for a spark nothing. Fitted new coil ( Ducati type ), new source coil,

new spark plug, new ht lead, new plug cap. Still no spark so we're running out of options. The only

thing I think it might be is the pick up but I've been told they are not available any more. As far

as I'm aware I've wired everything up correctly ( checked it numerous times ). Also I've tried it

with the kill button disconected, still zilch!

Any ideas anyone.

Check the green wire from the trigger coil. For some reason the isolation falls off. Also chech resistance. Should be 40-60 ohms. They can be rewound. 85 quid at bill pye

Edited by Lee Harris

Check the green wire from the trigger coil. For some reason the isolation falls off. Also chech resistance. Should be 40-60 ohms. They can be rewound. 85 quid at bill pye

Hi Lee, the green wire goes to the box at the bottom right hand corner of the stator plate, is

this the trigger coil? I thought this was the "pick up". Took the stator off and tested the trigger

coil (green wire) for ohms resistance it read 39.6. Do you think this low reading could be the

cause?

Thanks in advance.