Bou X trial

paul w

just watched tonights trial on Motors TV, Bou in the last section had me grinning from ear to ear.

what a superstar. :icon_salut:

That was awesome, but the rest of it was rubbish (IMHO); when they all five the section 2 feet in from the begins cards I don't call that entertainment

Yes we thought it rather anoying that the the first obstical into the set throws most riders, (other than BOu) last week there were a number of sets where all apart from Bou didnt even make it ..

we got a bit annoyed, and started wondering why dont they make the hard item the last in the section?? that way us fans get to see the stage ridden rather than failed at the start.

Common sense really..

absolutly right, it should be the last part of the section that takes the 5.

that being said, the trials do vary from country to country, I think it depends on who sets them up. I suppose the section setters are trying to take marks off Bou.

That was awesome, but the rest of it was rubbish (IMHO); when they all five the section 2 feet in from the begins cards I don't call that entertainment

:agreed:

I was watching last weeks and thinking the exact same thing. first trial i have watched in a long while (years) i felt quite disappointed by the whole thing really.

Though on the other hand it was the first time i have seen "Bou" riding...amazing! head and shoulders above the rest :icon_salut:

Gettting ready to watch this weeks when SWMBO has finished with her tv programmes. <_<

I think i would much prefer to watch outdoor trials :P

I did attend the Geneva X-trial. It was great that the the qualification round was open to the public this time (seems not to have been the case in the past). Here we saw all 10 riders in action and one realizes the enormous difference in competence between the riders on these extremely tricky trick sections. The French wildcard Benoit Dagnicourt and junior Alfredo Gomez were completely out of their league and dropping from/in basically every section. Then the second tier consisting of Jack Challoner, Michael Brown and Loris Gubian failed more than half of the sections and were generally not mastering this kind of sections. Then there was the first tier (Cabestany, Fujinami, Raga and trailing at the end of this tier, Fajardo) who in principle all have it in them to be able to clear most sections and then Mr Bou who can clear every section backward and forward, without minder.

The difference between Bou and the first tier is such that if you want to make the sections such that Bou gets some penalties the others will hit 50% failures and the second tier close to 100%. If you want more competition between the tier 1 and 2, i.e. make them fail less, than Bou will parade every round with 0. Difficult dilemma.

But anyway, seeing Bou doing his greatness, you start getting the idea that next time you can do the same as it all looks so easy and obvious, but then seeing Gomez most terribly crashing you again realize the tremendous difficulty of the sections and how incredibly good Bou is.

I was lucky to sit on the front row and shot some iPhone videos. See: http://www.youtube.com/user/salobaas/featured

Concerning failing in the beginning of the section, in the qualification they were driven in the other direction and in that case the sting was in the end, so best put the big hurdle in the middle. ;-)

Anyway, if Bou does not break a leg he will be for 100% sure champion (for several more years to come).

There was a Jotagas stand and the bike looks really amazingly well engineered and solid. They just should sign Bou and they will be world champion for as long as they can pay him.

Cheers, Fons.

Edited by DrRoot