haggi961

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"and the bag full of old bushes"

Funny how we can't throw anything away isn't it. I keep finding similar bits of Montesa and Fantic these decades later.

The only reason for me keeping it is so i can get some bushes kits made up as im not spending the money again on the beta parts as its a bloody rip off.

I was wondering if anyone can help me please, if not the bike is going to be into a million pieces :angry: I cant seem to get the sump guard and sump guard rubber to go back on, it is starting to annoy me now. It wont line up on both sides then the bolts hole aren't straight, what am i doing wrong. Do i have to slacken off any of the other bolts that's holding the engine into the frame or does the 2011 frame have a different sump guard as for the life of me i cant seem to get it to go on.

are you sure the sump isnt just badly bent because thats what normally happens and they are tricky to get back on

It looks to be ok and don't seem bent at all, when it did come off it came off with no problems. If i take the rubber out the sump guard is still a struggle to get all the holes lines up and then bolted, it can only just be done but with the rubber bit in its a no go. I must be doing something wrong as it shouldn't be this hard. I had a car jack underneath it last night and it still didn't go flush, it was just lifting the bike up. Also me and my mate tried to push the sump guard up towards the engine while the girlfriend tried to screw the bolt in but still couldn't get it close enough. Im thinking that because i have a different frame the sump don't fit any more. Any more ideas anyone.

had this problem with a 4rt once. in the end it took three of us with big iron bars and lots of bending to get it to line up straight again. Hope you get it sorted easy enough pall.

Cheers for that mate as its been doing my head in to find out what i need to do. Looks like i need to get the hammer out and have a real good go at it. Once its done im never taking it off every again :lol:

Cheers for that mate as its been doing my head in to find out what i need to do. Looks like i need to get the hammer out and have a real good go at it. Once its done im never taking it off every again :lol:

I use a big G clamp to put twisted sump guards back on !

Cheers for all the comments guys and the ratchet strap don't sound a bad idea so i think i will give this a shot. You would of thought tho that by now they would of sorted the problem, or just made the thread inside the trial bike a little bit longer so a longer bolt could be used.