Lifting Strap

gazzaecowarrior

I know people are going to ask why but I want to fit some sort of lifting strap to my evo onto the two rear bolts that hold the rear mudguard on. I constantly have to lift my bike up either onto the bike rack or through the house and into the workshop. I hate having to lift it up by the silencer as it probably isnt doing it any favours. Ive searched everywhere for such a strap and can't find them anywhere except in America. I had one on my moto x bike when I was a kid so they do exist. Does anybody know where I can get one from ?

Gareth

Many years ago (when bikes were heavier than today) some riders used to carry a long car fan belt. This could be looped round some part of the bike then back through itself to form a lifting handle.

Typical use were through front weel rrim so you could get both feet on firm ground to drag bike pot of a boggy ditch or round swinging arm to lift back end out of bogs.

Cheers

I would exercise caution as you will effectively be picking the bike up by the airbox, via bolts that go into brass inserts in the nylon airbox. I just pick up my evo using the rear wheel rim.

Nickytricks is right. The only place would be on the seat and loop it through the frame. Having one on my `86 ty saved my bike when I went swimming in a 8 ft deep hole! Got a hold of the cross bar and fender strap and popped it up sideways to the surface. It semi-floated to the bank.

Hello all. Many years ago a company called Bultaco released their last model Sherpa T. These bikes had what looked like a cut down car seatbelt on the rear mudguard bolts to lift them up with. It was about an inch wide and sat above the mudguard by about two inches. Have a look for an original Photo of a Sherpa T 199B and you will see. Bully Lover.

I have one fitted to my Evo it was a small piece of strap from an old sports bag. Bolt it through the 2 rear mudguard bolts which go into the rear subframe and do not affect the airbox at all. Make sure you use large washers as well so the bolt don't pull trough the holes in the strap. I also made the holes with a hot nail so that it melted through and does not fray and melted the ends of the straps so they don't fray as well.