Swing Arm Play - Frame Wear

keychange

I noticed excessive movement in the swing arm on my Cota 247 and I find that the pivot mounting holes on the frame itself have worn and are allowing the movement. Can anyone suggest an easy fix and failing that give me the hard fix options.

Edited by keychange

I noticed excessive movement in the swing arm on my Cota 247 and I find that the pivot mounting holes on the frame itself have worn and are allowing the movement. Can anyone suggest an easy fix and failing that give me the hard fix options.

Easy fix - tighten the bolt

Slightly less easy fix - weld up worn part of hole and file back to size/position

Easy fix - tighten the bolt

Slightly less easy fix - weld up worn part of hole and file back to size/position

It's about 1 mm of play on the bolt on the horizontal but that equates to quite a bit of movement. I thought of welding and that's fine - but filing a round hole..... beyond my skills.

so of course I pulled the swing arm off and then noticed brake side wheel bearing is seized ....steering head bearing shot ... thank gott for Pyramid parts.

The bikes got a big workout by my kids over Xmas and then I had a problem with my bike shed so parked both bikes in the car port.... 2 weeks and 1004mm rain - I guess the Cota was exposed - or else I have just been really slack with my maintenance :(

I tried JB Weld - so many people rave about it. I now have a nice toight fit but still waiting on wheel and steering bearings before I can try it out. If it works I hope to run it at my first official outing in Tamworth ( NSW ) this weekend.

Cheers