Pirrelli Tyres

pandelboy

I have a pirelli on the back and I can safely say it is the worst tyre I have ever used, hardly any grip at all :D stick with michelins, or IRC which I have never tried but am going to try as a lot of people on this site recomend them :D

mitas are all right i found the rear tyre to be a bit rigid though. the michellin is a much better tyre. but for the price they are great. if you just use your bike for fun and dont take competition to seriously than i would recomend the mitas. but if you want real grip and a nice feel go for the mich,irc,dunlop

I tried a Dunlop once, but i never even got the wheel in the bike. The bloody thing would not come out on the rim, i tried and tried, letting the pressure in and out of the tyre. Plenty of wax and heat but still it would'nt come out. In the end i put so much air in the tyre that it exploded. luckily it flew away from me, but it did give my thumb a smack, and my ears rang for days. So stick your Dunlops were the sun don't shine :D

Fitting a Michelin is definitely easier, the bead slips over the rim without too much work. Fitting a Dunlop is a bit tougher - it sometimes feels as though the bead is going to snap just before it slides on.

Best ever tip I got told was to put a tube in the tyre and blow it up to spread the tyre walls apart - leave for a day or two before fitting on the wheel.

Going back to r2wtrials' quiestion. I am not sure but I think that I read in the old ACU magazine that the ACU who get discount for alot of stuff can do all sorts of tyres really, cheap. I'll have a quick look for the magazine and get some more details as soon as possible.

Bob

Right...

From Issue 16, ACU bike talk mag

As part of the ACU's continuing efforts to bring benefits to our members we have succeeded in procurring a minimum 25% special discount off retail prices from a major tyre wholesaler.  Most tyres are readily available from stock and can be dispatched direct to the customer for next day delivery once payment has been recieved,  Brands available are Avon, Pirelli, Bridgestone, Metzeler, Continental, Dunlop and Michelin.  E-mail: shop@ACU.org.uk with your requirements.

I hope this helps, 25% off sounds quite good so long as postage isn't too much and that you can fit the tyre your sen.

Thanks for the tips lads ,ill probably stick with the Mich then. Excellent tip about putting a tube in the tyre and inflating for a couple of days, obvious if you think about it but hindsight is a wonderfull thing aint it. :rolleyes: