Had New Bike Problems?

jenkinsm

Have you had good or bad experiences with your new bike?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had good or bad experiences with your new bike?

• New Beta, No Problems?
    • New Beta, >1 Problem?
    • New Gas Gas, No Problems?
    • New Gas Gas, >1 Problems?
    • New Sherco, No Problems?
    • New Sherco, >1 Problem?
    • New Scorpa, No Problems?
    • New Scorpa, >1 Problems?
    • New Montesa, No Problems?
    • New Montesa, >1 Problem?

Have you had good or bad experiences with your new bikes?

Which manufactorers really are the worst for Quality control!

With regards to having a problem it must have warranted you returning bike to dealer or spending an hour or more rectifying.

The poll is a good idea. If I may expound, my last three new bikes have all been Montesas, the latest being the 4RT. I've had to do nothing to any of them except change stock gearing. That is why I had no qualms about getting the new 4 stroke. Honda/Montesa quality is unmatched.

The only brand new trial bike I ever bought was an Aprilia Climber back in 93. Noticed it was'nt on the list  :(

I had no problems at all! They dont make em like they used to :P

"They don't make them like they used too" I for one am glad they don't :rolleyes:

The trials market is very small, and over the years manufacturers of trials bikes come and go, a competitive good looking, easy to ride trials bike will sell, a poor machine won't.

Waiting for the arrival of a new machine I have been riding the 92 Honda TLM 260, the build quality is exceptional and the bike runs so sweet, but what a boat, I'm knackered after half an hour on the thing, numb heavy and just hard work to ride, get on any of the new models and the difference is night and day.

I have noticed over the years the lads who prepare their bikes and take good care of them, have very few problems, those who put it away after each ride with little more than a second glance, always seem to be repairing and replacing parts just before the start of events.

If you really like the feel of a machine and it lets you ride to your full potential, sticking with that machine over a period of time helps a lot just by the familiarity of knowing how they should be set up, maintained and how to do it.

Many times it's not the bike fault something fails, people don't often mention the fact it sat submerged in a mud hole half the day, or they forgot to add oil to the mix, tighten loose bolts, spokes, chain, etc.....

I often see air filters open to the eliments because someone thought the zip tie is cheaper than a new fender, it pops off and doesn't get replaced untill after the event and the airbox is nicely packed with the local terra.

Also on the other hand if you think you got burned on a bike purchase, and you get no help in correcting the problem, it's only you who can make the decision on what you will buy next time.

As for the topic! it serves no other purpose than **** stirring

As for the topic! it serves no other purpose than **** stirring

Sorry you feel like that! Are you not pleased with your life! see a councilor m8 and refrain from making unjustified comments about a poll which was merely set up to see what percentage of bikes needed work from new and not to prove that some are better than others!!!!

And the new bit means that they have come straight out of the crate! Sure they dont come caked in mud then do they so its surely the factory or dealers fault! :rolleyes:

Sorry MM888, but this poll sucks. BMW's are great but they can be expensive. An audi and a skoda share the same chassis does that mean they are both good or bad? You are asking to many questions and yet not enough.

Asking " are you satisfied with the ex factory quality control" of dealers would tell you if one brand needed more pdi than another. Asking a customer have you bought different makes from the same dealer who had the same person pdi-ing might give you a slightly more acurate answer.

I know of someone who had a backplate come loose on a new bike and stop the engine, whos fault is that? Did it happen once out of a thousand bikes sold, should the dealer have checked it etc etc.

Surely people are going to vote for the bike they are presently riding, so the poll will be ''What's the most popular bike'' :):dunce:

All trials bikes are bl***y good, thats why the manufacturers are still in business. One guy has a problem with his bike then the jungle drums start banging, and it's the worse bike ever, the following week it's another bike so on..............and so on

This poll serves no purpose, people are still going to buy what they want for whatever reason, whether it be colour, specification, weight the list is endless

I have been riding trials for 31 years now, and in two weeks I will be riding my 23rd SSDT, I have had most bikes, all have had some problem with them all......................................the bottom line is that they are all built better than my capabilities as a rider

Here endeth the lesson :rolleyes::(:P

I think you have miss understood the point of the pole. It was just to get an idea of how many people had probs with new bikes after a post on the Gas Gas forum complained about the problems with his new Pro. He went on to slate the quality of the bike just because of a bad experience (or Two)!

To me it seems that a good few have had problems with all makes and models emphasising that the problem is not just confined to new Gassers.

This poll should make those who slate a bike after one bad experience aware that it is possible to have probs with all new bikes and thus i rest my case.

Poll was a good idea, but, somehow you need to factor in the difference in numbers. There are a lot more Gas Gas's out there than Montesas. So, if there have been 5 bad experiences with each, then the fewer Montesas would have a better overall showing.

If you look at the ratios of Good to Bad, that should give you a better idea.

That gives you in order of most problems to least problems:

GasGas

Sherco

Scorpa

Montesa

Beta

But, that's only a very small number of bikes, so not really a good guide

Loads of other factors to it though. No real indication of the scale of each of the problems. This could have been 3 Scorpa big ends, and 5 GasGas rear brake levers (but probably wasn't).

Of course it could just give an idea of the quality of the dealers who are prepping the bikes, or maybe even the type of riders that are riding them.