Rear Wheel Tubles Rim Tape

bondy

hello guys can you help me ive had my gas gas for a rew months when i got it i found out it had a puncher in the rear wheel ive noticed its hising out the spokes ive been told this is a common problem is it an easy fix or do i need a new rim tube?

hello guys can you help me ive had my gas gas for a rew months when i got it i found out it had a puncher in the rear wheel ive noticed its hising out the spokes ive been told this is a common problem is it an easy fix or do i need a new rim tube?

Depending on the age of your bike, you'll probably want to replace the rim seal. The newer seals are better and have an integrated stem rather than the old two piece ones.

Jon

hi again the bike is a 210 pro 250 if i have a inner tube put in wount i need to have to holes drilled in for the rim locks?

Forget the inner tube idea, riding a modern trials bike with a rear inner tube on-board is like riding with 50psi in the tyre = no grip/feel.

Buy a new rim tape after you've surgically cleaned the rim ...also check your spoke tension.

IMHO :thumbup:

Wayne

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just did a 07 last week, that had slight leaks around several spoke nipples, all we luckily had to do was clean the rubber, and clean the rim, I like to dribble a drop of fine oil, like sewing machine oil on each nipple due to corrosion you know, but all I did was wipe a little bit of grime off the ruber, and the rim, reinstalled new tire, no leaks. on a 1999 I had, I put a thin layer of silicone on the side edges of rubber, to help, but in reality probably didn't need to, but the rim was rougher shape, this 07 seemed pretty smooth, just had some light dirt to wipe off.

Good luck...