Sticker Kits

cubby

I watched a guy on youtube put some stickers on a fairing off a Yamaha and he sprayed the panel first with soapy water, placed the decal on, and pushed it into place with a squeegee ,then left it for 24 hours . Has anybody else tried this method ? Just need some hints for when I do my sons Sherco.

Phil

I watched a guy on youtube put some stickers on a fairing off a Yamaha and he sprayed the panel first with soapy water, placed the decal on, and pushed it into place with a squeegee ,then left it for 24 hours . Has anybody else tried this method ? Just need some hints for when I do my sons Sherco.

Phil

We have been using this technique for years. Perfect results every time.

Just a drop of so of soap will do and a bit of patience. Even Rossi uses this technique so can't be wrong :hyper:

So just to clarify the technique for the soapy water method:

1) When you say soap I assume you mean washing up liquid?

2) How wet is the panel?

3) Do you use a spray thingy such as you might use to spray water onto plants?

Have got a Jitsie sticker kit so need to spend some time getting it right!

A word of caution,I think there may be two types of vinyl sticker, one has a lot more(or a different type of) adhesive than the other.

The contact-adhesive-backed type needs a hair drier to warm the target and the sticker itself and there's little margin for error when you place it ...

...but the other type just needs a film of soapy water sprayed onto the target and you can manoeuvre it around quite freely.

My mate had a motorists shop and his biggest income was from fitting the car stickers that he'd sold to customers who could/would not apply them for themselves.

His costs were;

A dentists pick to lift the sticker from it's backing.

A plant spray with soapy(fairy liquid) water in it .

A squeegy.

Kerching££

The method to my madness :madnoel:

1. Flatten sticker out in a warm room.

2. Get a piece of hard plastic or credit car to act as a squeegee.

3. Mix weak soapy water in a spray bottle or mister (3 or 4 drops of fairy liquid).

The soapy water is the fail safe method for positioning your decal perfectly and for being able to remove bubbles

4. Spray surface lightly with soapy water, not to much and the sticker will struggle to stick.Peel off backing and expose the sticky side of the vinyl, lightly spray the sticky side of the vinyl with soapy water.

5. Starting at any one side, place edge of decal where you want it

6. Slowly lay rest of decal down on surface. If needed, gently move decal to exact position where you want it.

7. Using credit card, gently smooth out any air or water bubbles on decal, working from the center to outside edges. Do this to avoid trapping air or water bubbles. Allow too dry. Pop any bubbles with a pin and press out the air or water. Any water bubbles will evaporate.

Edited by scott_king

I use the soapy water method but have always used hand soap in a bowl of hot water, dries out perfect and decals stick like xxxx to a blanket.

can anyone recommend someone to do some copy stickers for my 175 scorpa, I have a set of original yellow and red but there are no more mudguard ones available so want someone that can copy original for future use.

Decals turned up from Express Signs North East (they are a franchise with many locations) look fine to me...not too sure the tank decals are going to fit though, may need massaging...seem too large :blush: these will be fitted over white fenders...I guess they would be OK on black fenders too?

beta decal

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...