Lightening Clutch ?

cabby

You can not remove springs on a pro clutch as they don't use them. It might be a improvement to slide the lever towards the centre and adjust it so you are using the end of the lever as this will give more leverage and make it lighter but it will take more travel to disengage so will slow down the action.

Use different clutch steel disks. Thinner ones make it lighter and more progressive, thicker ones make it harder and more like an on off switch (and it's how I like it).

Another way of making your clutch lighter is to take a man up pill and strengthen up your grip, like getting a one of those excersising squeezee contraptions.

Is there any way of lightening a gasser 125 09 clutch ?

I know on betas you could take out springs etc,

Gas Gas clutches can wear and get out of spec. Plus, over time the fiber clutches can swell. So there is a way to make the clutch easy to pull again. It has to do with adjusting the thickness of the clutch pack, easily measured at the "fingers" that the hydraulic slave pushes on.

Here is the link to the page that links directly to the YOUTUBE videos, that originally came with your Gas Gas on a DVD, as of about 2006, when new, in the USA at least?

http://www.trialspartsusa.com/youtube.html

Scroll down, about 1 page, you will see the heading "maintenance videos, go just a little farther see the clutch videos (3 of them).

What you will see is him explaining that when the clutch pack gets out of spec, the fingers "lower" which makes the clutch harder to pull, but also affects how "progressive" or quick the clutch will engage, per millimeter of movement of the slave cylinder. Some like it fast and me I like it slow, and easier to pull myself.

Even at its worst, they are easier than most motorcycles clutches, not withstanding other trials bikes I guess.