200 Clutch Problem

johnh

Hi All,

I'm having a bit of an issue with the clutch on my 200. I have stripped the engine to replace a gear in the gearbox and after rebuilding it the clutch will not disengage, the clutch action works (the plates seperate when the lever is pulled in) but the drive is not disengaged. I stripped it again to check all the parts where present and in the correct location and when I rebuilt it I tightened the boss nut up allowing the boss to turn independantly of the basket. When I came to start the bike the bike there was very little resistance on the kick start lever, it felt like the clutch was slipping, so I removed the clutch casing and found that the plates were not pressed together. I pinched up the boss nut and I'm back to square one - bike kicks over but clutch won't disengage.

The clutch/kick start all worked fine before I got my grubby mits on it!!! so if anyone can shed some light on what I am doing wrong I would appreciate it.

Cheers

John

There is probably an alignment problem. Look at the top of where the spring bolts go. Is one of them marked? Either just a dot or a solid groove across. There might be a matching mark to align to on the clutch boss. The problem is the pieces are not symmetric. If nothing else move the plate one spring hole at a time to get it to `drop` into the alignment. If that is not it then you might have the washers wrong.

Edited by lineaway

had mine on and off more times than muy undies never had a issue with aligning anything took it to bits put it back any old how.

with the cover off and pulling and realeasing the ;lever do the plates etc move/ disengage. if not fiddle with tension of nut and cable until they do..

one of those things were they might not be a specific answer just a LOT of fiddling to get it set up right.

had mine on and off more times than muy undies never had a issue with aligning anything took it to bits put it back any old how.

with the cover off and pulling and realeasing the ;lever do the plates etc move/ disengage. if not fiddle with tension of nut and cable until they do..

one of those things were they might not be a specific answer just a LOT of fiddling to get it set up right.

make sure the castle hat on the cog align in the rear of basket then there is a spacer washer inside the castle top ,not sure if there is a washer inbetween the basket and clutch pack parts diagram isnt showing one but i seem to remember there been one and it can get out of line if you put the assembly on the shaft complete ,,