Need Help With 4Rt Twin Programmable Throttle Body

dye29

hy guys sorry to be a pain but im still stuck ive phoned sandifords and said i think i have the wrong disc and she said i shud have the right one but theres something wrong ive done everything and i still cant get it to work .

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi - I plan to put a 280 map into my PTB. I'll see if I can do it tomorrow (more chance if it's raining). While I'm doing it I'll take some photos and do some screen captures. The software that I'm using for the twin map PTB is called '07RTL250FKIT'.

In the mean time I've taken the following screen captures.

From menu Help > About:

version.jpg

From Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT) > Communications Port (COM1) > Properties > Port Setting:

comportsettings.jpg

Further to the mail above, here are some additional photos.

It was blowing a gale and tipping it down this morning so I changed the maps in my PTB. Below are some additional pictures to help.

Disconnect the fuel pump from under the tank:

fuelpump.JPG

Disconnect the condenser (2 way connector) and take the cap off the programming connector (4 way connector under the boot). Both are below the PTB:

connectors.JPG

Connect the programming unit to the two connectors:

connected.JPG

Connect the programming unit to the computer and make sure that the COM ports are set correctly (in my previous post). Then fire up the software, load a map, check the map is loaded by looking at the 3d graphs (little drop down below the Data Edit box) then go to the Setting Data Use drop down box:

setting.jpg

You need to select where you want to load the map into the PTB. It would seem by default it will load the same map into both modes (settings). Then select Data Write at the bottom of the screen and follow the instructions. Once successful you should have a confirmation message:

okmapped.jpg

Finally, you can change maps while riding the bike. Just bumbling around the garden and switching to the Mitani 280 map took me by surprise while on full lock!!

You now know as much as me, so good luck.

David

Edited by barfy

cheers thats a very big help thanks so much just one other thing you have the twin body what code disc do you have mine is 38771-NN4-305 just want to compare , oh my throttle body is a hrc

38771-NN4-305

It's the software for a single map PTB

It is so simple. Start the program and look what text is in the top of the window.

In the screencaptures above for example is displayed "07 RTL250F Fi Setting Tool" so twinmap software

Top post Barfy - I can do the map stuff and now running my own hybrid map but the screen shots are brill.

1 thing I learnt is that if you read the data currently on PTB using the 07 software is that it only reads the last map you put in so you can't check what is already in map 1 or 2.

The HRC instruction manual is on PDF in the web site i mentioned in previous post post but your photos are much easier.

Main problems I have had is not having com port set correctly and I think you have to save a map into the software before you can down load it.

Barfy - has you computer got a serial port or did you have to get a USB to serial port converter. If so what driver have you installed on PC. I recently reinstalled a driver for mine but its much slower than the one I had down loaded before. Used to take only several seconds to download a map but now seems to take forever.

Cheers

i think im getting closer i defo have wrong program so put the 07 on but the other problem when i plug my serial into back of pc and go into device manager it dosnt show so ive been to 2 computor shops and they said i need to install the drivers for the leads before it will work so im guessing thats my main problem does this make any sence guys cheers for all info its helping me so much thanks

its probibly really easy im just so unlucky haha. hey if anyone has a spare 5mins please check out the manual and look at page 22 about the ports what does it mean in the box something about marked with a x , is that my problem maybe need a laptop do i

sorry again barfy but when you plug your serial into computor and go into device manager does it show up if so what does it say, if yours shows up i think im in need of a laptop cheers ste

Edited by dye29

Been having some problems getting into Trials Central since I posted this reply.

@dye29 the 38880-NN4-305 code that you quote is for the programming unit and not the software. The part number that I have printed on the CD is 38771-NLC-000. It also '07RTL250F FI Setting tool' this can be checked by selecting Help > About from the programming software

ye the thing im unsure about is when i go into device manager ,ports, mine allways says communication port 1, and 2 and when i plug serial port in nothing else pops up does yours , if you dont mind me asking what make laptop do you have i might buy one as its prob my pc's on xp